Lotus Elise 111R - OMG !!!

C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
My mate took delivery of this today, and what can I say but what an incredible car!

Its got the 190 BHP Toyota VVTL-i engine from the Celica T-Sport, obviously 'Lotused' for use in the Elise. It weighs next to nothing - only 860kgs - so has a power-to-weight of 220 BHP/tonne!

It is, without a doubt, the quickest and best handling car I've ever been in.

111RFront1024.jpg

111RRear1024.jpg

111REngine1024.jpg

111RCab1024.jpg

One showing the special order pearl paint........

111Rpearlpaint1024.jpg

......... and one with my new S-Line lurking in the background :)

111RS-Line1024.jpg

We went out for a spin, and couldn't believe our luck when we pulled up at the lights next to a mint looking 54-plate black Caterham 7! I've not seen one of these on the road for about a year, let alone being next to one the very same morning as taking delivery of an Elise 111R!

We exchange pleasantries, have a few blips of our respective throttles (both cars have grinning passengers), and then the lights change to green. The Elise is quicker off the line, but not by much, then the Toyota engine comes on cam and it soars ahead with a loud scream from the exhaust. After that it just keeps pulling, but we then slowed to let him pass and waved as he hammered by. Both of us were laughing about it all the way home. What a great way to begin a car's ownership experience!!! :)

wow so 0-60 must be sub 4s, be interesting to see how much G it can pull in a corner ..

snoop said:
i made that! =)

You from norfolk snoop? I have some good mates who work at lotus on the line and in engineering there!

did you hear about their online shop?

Is he single? Stunning car! i was looking at a white exige the other day... One day hehe

Errr.... Is this the Sequel to the thread.. "Would The Plane Take Off.." called "Would the Car Take Off..."... I'd say it would..:)

madvw said:
You from norfolk snoop? I have some good mates who work at lotus on the line and in engineering there!

did you hear about their online shop?

yeah i live 2 mins down the road from lotus, i fit all the front susp at the mo. i know everyone on the line, who are ya mates?

28v6 said:
Errr.... Is this the Sequel to the thread.. "Would The Plane Take Off.." called "Would the Car Take Off..."... I'd say it would..:)

I'll tell ya - it almost does take off when that VVT kicks up after 5500 RPM!!

I don't think the engine has the same effect in the Celica, but with the lack of weight in the Elise it gives you a massive kick - just like with a turbo.

I understand a certian version of the Exige has the same engine supercharged? Now that must be fekin scary !!

Lovely cars, if I could afford to spend that kind of money on a brand new car at the moment I'd get one in a second (not in that colour though)!

Just deleted this rubbish I just wrote as it's clearly not brand new... must read things better!

Great cars!

I nearly bought a 111S last year, and this year I decided I couldn't afford one.
I'm surprised you felt it was "SO" fast, as I felt the lack of torque was noticable, and you didn't get the kick in the back you got from slower but torquier cars.
However, you travel pretty quickly without really realising!

Good car. Jealous.

robthehungrymonkey said:
Great cars!

I nearly bought a 111S last year, and this year I decided I couldn't afford one.
I'm surprised you felt it was "SO" fast, as I felt the lack of torque was noticable, and you didn't get the kick in the back you got from slower but torquier cars.
However, you travel pretty quickly without really realising!

Good car. Jealous.

This is a 111R - I think a different engine and about + 50 BHP from the 111S?

It honestly does feel seriously quick, I've not been in a 111S so can't compare I'm afraid !

C_Audiboy said:
This is a 111R - I think a different engine and about + 50 BHP from the 111S?

It honestly does feel seriously quick, I've not been in a 111S so can't compare I'm afraid !

Sorry, didn't ake it very clear, I nearly bought a 111S, ut I have driven an R. It is a fair bit quicker, but quite peaky.

Either way, very jealous of your freind. Would rather have one car I could use everyday, than what i've got.