Removing Car Badging!

Moresauce

Reaction score
Website
www.planet-audi.net
I want to remove the 'Lotus' lettering from the rear of the car.

The lettering is slightly raised and it letter is individually stuck on.

what is the best way to remove them?

Dude, Use hot water first to soften it, hen use something sharp, but that wont scratch the painwork, like a plastic outty spreader or something then peel them off.. Use IPA to get rid of the sticky stuff, then once its all off, apply some polish to protect the paintwork!

Rich

A butter knife/pallet knife is a good thing to use but just be carful of paintwork. Try put knife end in cloth so its softer on the paint. Thats what i done and got it off.
Tanya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
I remember hearing someone say they used a hair dryer to get the badge good and warm, then dental floss to work it off. Then all you need is some kinda solvent to get the sticky crap off.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That does work too... Hair drier AND hot water works a treat! I had forgotten about that one! and the dental floss cuts trhough the sticky stuff well... But if they are 'stickers' not badges, then it wont work.

Rich

just a steamer, best solution and it doesnt leave any marks.

As long as you are definately sure they are just stuck on!!! I remember removing badges from a BMW and as well as being stuck on they had little locator pegs that went into small holes in the bodywork so that the badges could be easily aligned .... after removing the badge there were 6 small holes meaning that to do it successfully a boot respray would be necessary. So the chap that owned it just bought a 328 badge instead (to replace his 316 one!!) If they are only stuck on a hairdryer and an old credit/library/store card is magic for the job - done it successfully on several audis with no damage. A little T-Cut and car wax will remove the residue without damaging the paint!! Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif