Mazda RX-8

AlexStanley

Reaction score
Website
www.alexstanley.co.uk
What are everyone's impressions of the RX-8? Having read a bit about them, I'm considering taking one for a test drive when they reach the UK, with a view to maybe replacing the S3?! Not sure...

I wonder what a rotary engine will sound like?

I like the look of them, and the rear-opening doors are a cool idea. There have been a few reviews of them in the press, and the consensus seems to be they are an excellent car.

I'm tempted to go for a test drive too, though I think the lack of torque would be annoying after the S3.

Plus if you want a RWD coupe, then the M3 is hard to beat...

Dan

Personally, I think they look a bit too quirky and I think the design will date quickly. That's my opinion.

But its supposed to be a decent drivers car, if you believe the mags.

AL

I agree the M3 is hard to beat, but they're also almost twice the price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Besides, I always try to go for something different /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Concerning torque, how much does a stock 210 S3 put out?

I think the front has elements of the Honda S2000 about it (a favourite of mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ), and I've seen pictures of the dashboard etc. which I think looks pretty fab actually.

Guess I'll have to wait until they're available and see what they're like - one of my main concerns is what a rotary engine sounds like - I've tried searching around the net but I can't find any sound clips of a rotary engine - typical!

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
Having read more of that site, it would appear that the RX-7 is quite heavily modified - hopefully a stock RX-8 won't sound *quite* as loud as that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Well no.. but it give you and idea of how the engine sounds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In atuo expres this week they were talking about the RX8.....aparently it has a REALLY high oil consumption......and you NEED to check the oil every 2 tanks of petrol......something to do with the engine......sounds like a lot of maintence to me!!!