EM TuningAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

Hey everybody.... Im back

Greetings... nice new site. looks much better than the old on in my opinion. so thumbs up!

Well as some may remember.. my noggy S3 met its end back in October 05 and since then i have been running round in a 1999 406 HDI exec. NICE!

I also decided to leave work and set up my own business which is now going well. (http://www.cambridgeautogleam.com)

Im back in the market for a nice car again though and am wondering about the following

BMW 330CI
    BMW 320CD
    Audi S3
    Audi A3 TDI S-Line

Obviously i have had the S3 already and although i'd like to rty something different... id love another S3!

I wonder about the TDI because i have gotten used to the 40MPG from the 406 HDI and wonder if the S3 will prove just too expensive to run again??

The BMW's... well it would be something different from what i have had... but i think there too common for my liking

Any thoughts??

what is the A3 TDI S-line like to drive compared to the S3?

thanks in advance

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Administrator

Status
    hello mate, welcome......

dik
    1st Gear

Status

suggestion

Welcome back...

Get an A3 Sline TDI with toys..
    DSG or Quattro is upto you.... but the DSG is great .....
    in my opinion...... [ducks for cover]
    Audi A3 (04) - 2.0TDI S-Line DSG, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Bose, Armrest, Symphony II, GSM/Bluetooth Kit, 18" RS6 Alloys, Folding Mirrors, Cruise Control, Dipping Mirror, Luggage pack, lighting pack.

Brum brum

Status
    Welcome back. Still makes me weep when I see that piccie of your Noggy S3. At least you walked away.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Welcome back JK.

I've got the same 2.00 TDi lump in my golf with 4motion, it's great but you always long for more imo. But the fuel returns are good, so it's a comprimise.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

5th Gear

Status
    Hi JK, I remember your accident well. Some ninny pulled out on you right? Did you get payed out and found not at fault in the end?

I remember you looking for that particular car for some time too, so I doubt you'll find another that feels quite as good. If I were looking for a Diesel then i'd defo take the Golf over the A3. I think they are better news second hand and look a better package IMO - still pricey though for a MK V.

4th Gear

Status
    Yes i got a payout that i was happy with and was found not at fault atall so my 5 years NCB is still intact. Yeah i was searching for some time for the noggy and ended up doing a near on 600 mile round trip to go and collect the exact one i wanted.

Still not many noggys on the market but i quite fancie a grey one now and they seem easier to find with the spec i now want.

Not sure about the MK V Golf. never been a fan of the shape. think i prefer the new shape A3 to be honest. saw a 2.0TDI DSG SLINE for about 15k. thought it wasnt a bad price but havent seen many others to compare it with.

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

Lord of War

Status
    Welcome back fella.

A couple of x S3 owners have traded for TDI Slines, one of the Mods has as well from memory.

Test drive is the only mate. Most Audi dealers are happy to let you have a 24hr once you've done one with the Audi co-pilot

4th Gear

Status
    they'd let me have a 24hr test dirve just like that?? i might give that a go then. If the tdi Sline is almost as much fun as an S3 then it would be worth it.

Uber Post Whore

Status

Wink

Nice avatar JK.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeef
    Welcome back fella.

A couple of x S3 owners have traded for TDI Slines, one of the Mods has as well from memory.

Test drive is the only mate. Most Audi dealers are happy to let you have a 24hr once you've done one with the Audi co-pilot
    That would be me!

Nice to see you back JK. I went for a TDI A3 and its great! I really love it.

Get yourself some test drives lined up and make your own mind up..
    Dolphin Grey Audi S3 8P