2000 Audi S4

Sayre

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just purchased a 2000 S4 and a few days later the engine light came on so i checked it with the obd tool and it came up P1113 which is the mass air flow sensor sending the code... Anyone think of any reasons it may have triggered? i dont have a aftermarket intake cause i heard that sets it off. And another question i heard it is bad for the S4 to install a blow off valve. I think it would be better because after i accelerate and hear the Turbo spool up and i let off the gas sounds like the turbos trying to relieve pressure..? ok to install BOV?

BOV's release to atmosphere for the noise, but your car is relying on that air so diverter valves (DV) "divert" the air back into the system.
YOu can install aftermarket DV valves, which are a piston type, or 710's as found on the TT's which are diahgram type (which cant split over time)

the air mass meter is prone to going on all these cars too, I have a feeling 2 new DV's and a air mass will sort your car out no probs

My wifes A3's engine light came on and this was tracked down to a faulty Air Mass meter (MAF)
However, most people know their maf has gone due to loss of power