New RS6??

audi5e

Reaction score
Website
www.simplybirding.com
Two friends of mine claimed that they have both spotted new shape Audi RS6's.

Both sightings were made in the last week and both friends are clued up enough on cars to know that it would have been the new Audi A6 body.

Perhaps they are testing them here for high altitude tests???

As far as I was aware the S6 isn't even released let alone an RS6??

Anyone heard of a new RS6 yet?

There is an S6. I can't remember the exact specs, but seem to recall it having a 5.2 V10 @ around 400 and a bit bhp. I also remember reading that it had the lambo gellardo or mercialago engine????

Could be the new S6, certainly not the RS6.

This business of it being the lambo engine, I think, is a common misconception. I'm sure someone will clarify this bit.

Exactly right about it being the same as the lambo engine!!

v10.jpg

Engine

Newly developed V10 with FSI technology and beefy torque characteristic

For the first time in its history, the Audi brand is presenting a ten-cylinder engine – the new V10. The Italian super sports car brand Lamborghini, a subsidiary of Audi, likewise uses the ten-cylinder engine as a supreme source of power in its Gallardo model. The V10 in the new Audi S6 is a new development. It first appeared in the Audi S8 and now has been specifically returned to propel the top model of the Audi luxury range.

Adams3 said:
Exactly right about it being the same as the lambo engine!!

Engine

Newly developed V10 with FSI technology and beefy torque characteristic

For the first time in its history, the Audi brand is presenting a ten-cylinder engine – the new V10. The Italian super sports car brand Lamborghini, a subsidiary of Audi, likewise uses the ten-cylinder engine as a supreme source of power in its Gallardo model. The V10 in the new Audi S6 is a new development. It first appeared in the Audi S8 and now has been specifically returned to propel the top model of the Audi luxury range.

But it is slightly de-tuned...

I asked both friends if they were sure the cars they spotted were not just S6's, and they both insisted that there were R badges on them?

This is why I am asking if anyone else has seen them or heard of testing going on...

I remember seeing pre-launch versions of the Q7 a couple of months before they were announced officially, so maybe they are busy testing a new RS6??

I will drive around a bit and see if I can find them as I know where they were seen. Perhaps they are still around and I can get photo's?

arthurfuxake said:
I also remember reading that it had the lambo gellardo or mercialago engine????

Thats the S8 thats getting the Gallardo engine.

Both the S8 and S6 are now on sale,it could have been the new RS6 but only if it was on a test run,I saw the new disco way before that came out.

I remember seeing, dare i say the word Vauxhall Monaro, aka Holden Monaro ages before they were out. Also the new shape Ford Focus months before it came out.

Why cant i see something cool and exotic.