Cheap BMW M3 - it must be a scam

maybe... however, if the V5's present and correct, theres no HP outstanding, and it's not an insurance loss, theres loads of reasons he may be selling it cheap.

It's strange the ways people get rid of "embarrasing" *cough* taxable *cough* assets or cash.

am sure if he goes to bmw direct they would offer alot more

medicineman said:
Possible account hijack? Odd that the person asks to be emailed at a different address?

didn't read that bit. That's a dead giveaway for sure.

Yeah deffo a Scam, look for the spelling mistakes and general use of the English language!

Aldo said:
Yeah deffo a Scam, look for the spelling mistakes and general use of the English language!

I've read a lot of posts on here over the years, writen by Britons, that leave a lot to be desired in the language and grammar stakes, so don't just base your assumptions on that.

But, I do see your point, it does have a few trademark signs of a fishy deal.

Opps would help If I read the add..lol £7500 I see now thats very very cheap!

I like the look of the seadoo boat he has for sale though, wonder if he'll do a deal on the car and the boat for £10k?

Hmm, this scam happened to a friend of a friend. He was selling his M3 in Autotrader for a fair market price. Someone who rang asked why he was selling it on eBay for about £5k less than the advert in AutoTrader.

Confused, he found the add on eBay - same pictures as he'd used on AutoTrader. After some gentle persuasion, eBay pulled the add.

What happens is that someone will pose as a buyer of the car responding to the advert in Autotrader. They then come round to your house, so they know where the car is, and if invited inside, they also get to case the inside of the house for future reference....

They then make their excuses and leave. They stick an ad on eBay using your Autotrader pictures. If they get a taker or a definite sale, they then come round and steal your car - remember, they know where you live, and know the inside layout of your house - and probably where you leave your keys as well.

The item has been removed from EBAY must have been a sting.

Will photoshop summit else the night!!!