water profits - does this make you cross?

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5035962.stm

It makes me cross!

Employ lots of people, yes, and give them good careers .. pay them well by all means.. but do it 'not-for-profit' and reinvest back into the infrastructure!

leaks, grrr. water shortages, grrr. hosepipe bans, grrr..

dirty audis that cant be washed!

sheesh!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Well thats privatisation for you.

Everyone wanted privatisation (apparently), we all voted for the freedom to choose our utilities providers (apparently) so we can't really moan when either the service breaks down (Railtrack etc) or when they make a profit.
When will people realise that you can't run companies like these with one eye constantly on the share price, and the other on pensions. These businesses either get run into the ground and/or prices go through the roof to fund the necessary investment to keep them going while keeping the share holders happy.
I think it used to be called Thatchers Britain, easy money for the fat cats while everyone else gets shafted. Of course the tabloid reading morons have all forgotten about that now and it's conveniently all Blairs fault.
Wake up people and smell the Mochachocochino!

Makes me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif livid to be honest, the utilities should have never been privatised it will always be very hard for smaller companies to invest enough money on an infrastructure that's huge and requires national planning.

Totally agree its a ****** disgrace water/utilities should be government run ..... not for profit! What were they ****** thinking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif