2010 Audi A1

necroeire

Reaction score
A1.jpg

Personaly i think its a bad idea Audi broke away from VW cause they wanted to have a more prestige brand , they then decided they wanted a bit of the cheaper market=A2 now they want into the "mini" and simalar market !

I think it actually looks great. And would be a really good alternative to a mini. As there isn't one at the moment.
I don't really see it "dilluting" the brand at the moment, when you consider you can buy a full specc'd mini for £30K, they're not that cheap, and i'm sure the A1 wouldn't be either.
You can make a "quality", premium, small car that maybe VW couldn't get away with. A posh, much nicer version of a polo.

It will be the BMW one series all over again.

You would really only buy one if you were a badge snob. As the money that you spend on a 1 series or an A1, would get you a seriously spec'd up golf, focus, megane, etc.
If someone is in the market for a car that size and they research it a bit then the chances of them picking the Audi or BMW are slim to none due to price alone.
The only poeple i would see buying them are impulse buyers that liked the look of it but didnt research what else was available for the money.

I really like that... if it ever turns up, and ever looks like the shape it is meant to be like (you know concepts....)

To be honest I think it looks like a toy car for the under 3 years - type of shape. Like a lunch time program gone mad.

Looks like it should be in the new Pixar film.

[ QUOTE ]
It will be the BMW one series all over again.

You would really only buy one if you were a badge snob. As the money that you spend on a 1 series or an A1, would get you a seriously spec'd up golf, focus, megane, etc.
If someone is in the market for a car that size and they research it a bit then the chances of them picking the Audi or BMW are slim to none due to price alone.
The only poeple i would see buying them are impulse buyers that liked the look of it but didnt research what else was available for the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Beemer was made to compete with the A3.
This looks way smaller to compete with the mini.

And the difference between an A3 and a Golf is only about £800 or at least it was when the new golf was launched. And well worth it imo, much better looking, nicer to be in. The beemer is way overpriced and missing the whole point of a hatch back.

looks awesome to me...and also looks like a car a bloke could drive too, not like the Mini, Seat or lupo.

It has a kinda aggressive front, and the overall shape doesn't look too dissimilar to the 1 Series.

front end is still BMW meets Jaguar, and the back end (from what little we can see) is alfa meets mini.

looks like a nice car.