Problem with site ??

Rev-head

Reaction score
Was trying to log on earlier but kept on getting this box coming up wanting username and password?

Any body else

Me too and I'm embarrassed to say I tried to log into it at first. Then I realised it must have been a password stealer or something. There was a domain at the top called something like muckypaws.com

Would any admins like to comment on this, it looks like your IIS server was owned.

I'm sure i've had this problem before when trying to log onto this site, assumed someone was doing some general work to the site!

I had audis website come up,its ok now but it was weird

I just got a message saying that I was not authorized to view the page.

Thought it was a bit strange. Like stringster I thought maybe security at work had blocked it. Glad to find that wasn't the case though - what else would I do with my lunchtimes! hehe

Mike

Yeah but the worrying thing is the security dialogue had a domain that was nothing to do with this site, so I think their IIS server was compromised (the next page was an IIS server error page). So as a precaution I suggest you change your password if you tried to log in (either here or you thought it was your work proxy server and entered that).

Dave

I had the same message as mikebabs - i though work had clamped down on me!!!!

dpeilow - just so you know mate, muckypaws is the main man responsible for this site.

I had a problem last night that when i tried the audi-sprot.net url the amdteknic.com page would load instead??? was like that for approx 3hours last night??

very strange.....

AMD own this site..

It did look a little odd that the domain name had been redirected to their corporate site, especially when emails to them were bouncing due to a full inbox! i got all panicky about the potential lack of my daily AS.net fix, and started mailing round! (sorry guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Glad all is ok today!

Spotted the AmD link-through too... had a bit of a browse... they're still more expensive then a lot of other people! Noticed they are now selling the AWE DTS's... I got mine for approx. £40 less than they are selling them and yes, I did get it in the UK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AMD own this site...

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful there you'll go giving people the wrong idea... the forum is hosted by AmD nothing more. Was more than a bit of a surprise to me though, AmD is next to AS.net in my favorites so I thought I'd clicked on the wrong one at first!

[ QUOTE ]
AMD own this site..

It did look a little odd that the domain name had been redirected to their corporate site, especially when emails to them were bouncing due to a full inbox! i got all panicky about the potential lack of my daily AS.net fix, and started mailing round! (sorry guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Glad all is ok today!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep redirected me to AmD too

AMD is next to AS.net on my favourites too, so I thought I had also clicked on the wrong one. A few tries later and I was thinking oh no! what if AMD have pulled the plug on the server for good, I was about ready to jump off the roof. Lucky I live in a bungalow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AMD own this site...

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful there you'll go giving people the wrong idea... the forum is hosted by AmD nothing more. Was more than a bit of a surprise to me though, AmD is next to AS.net in my favorites so I thought I'd clicked on the wrong one at first!

[/ QUOTE ]

AmD own the domain name, and proved server space and bandwidth. Technically they own the site.

But it's really ours......

[ QUOTE ]

WHOIS information for audi-sport.net:

[whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... audi-sport.net
Creation Date........ 2001-08-13
Registration Date.... 2002-12-24
Expiry Date.......... 2009-08-13
Organisation Name.... Amd Technik Limited
Organisation Address. 17 norham Road
Organisation Address. _
Organisation Address. Oxford, Oxon
Organisation Address. Ox2 6sf
Organisation Address. Oxfordshire
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Admin Name........... Technical Support
Admin Address........ 109-111 Farringdon Road
Admin Address........ _
Admin Address........ London
Admin Address........ EC1R 3BW
Admin Address........ .
Admin Address........ GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Admin Email.......... helpdesk@easily.co.uk
Admin Phone.......... 4402078410070
Admin Fax............ 4402078417460

Tech Name............ Technical Support
Tech Address......... Easily Limited
Tech Address......... 109-111 Farringdon Road
Tech Address......... London
Tech Address......... EC1R 3BW
Tech Address......... *
Tech Address......... GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Tech Email........... helpdesk@easily.co.uk
Tech Phone........... +44.2078410070
Tech Fax............. +44.2078417460
Name Server.......... dns0.easily.co.uk
Name Server.......... dns1.easily.co.uk

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
AmD own the domain name, and proved server space and bandwidth. Technically they own the site.

But it's really ours......

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% about this (ownership of site as the registered address etc...) but as the Admins have said over and over again the site has no connection with AmD other than they helped out by hosting the site when things went pear-shaped a while back.

You are correct it's the people that make this site what it is - which is good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

One more time for those hard of understanding.

Adam owns the site...
Adam owns the server it's hosted on...(or at least did...unless he's moved it)
Adam part owns AmD.

Adam leaves the running of the site to the Admin and Mods...but we don't pay him anything for the hosting...
We run it...for free, it costs the Admins and Mods nothing to host it as Adam does that for free.

So AmD don't own the site...a part owner of AmD does....that is not the same as AmD owning it.

So why was it linking to the AMD site last night when you put the AS.net in the address bar?

Cause a part owner of AMD owns the site and the server its run on and its free you know!

Come on keep up!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that doh!!!!!.... but why last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a guess here, but i'd say they were working on the server for whatever reason, and it got late.

Their main priority therefore was to get AmD's bread-and-butter site up and running...

OMG, come away with a remap for my RS6 and new ceramic brakes, phew, expensive afternoon.

Just need an RS6 now.

[ QUOTE ]
Thought my admin at work was trying to restrict non-buisiness browsing....

[/ QUOTE ]

Should'nt have spoken so soon.
Tried to have a look today and they have banned this site.
Grrrrrrrr.
What I am going to do all day now ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thought my admin at work was trying to restrict non-buisiness browsing....

[/ QUOTE ]

Should'nt have spoken so soon.
Tried to have a look today and they have banned this site.
Grrrrrrrr.
What I am going to do all day now ?

[/ QUOTE ]

look for a new job that hasn't blocked a-s.net?

or you could just find a proxy server to use... its impossible for them to ban pages then, only proxy software that performs dictionary scans on pages can then block sites (like symantec web security)...