EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: DVLA

2nd Gear

Status

DVLA

Does anyone know what the deal is with your address details on your licence and registration documents? I am changing address at the end of the week but will be changing again at the start of August when I move into my new flat. Should I just wait till then to change everything or do I need to do it twice?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: DVLA

I recently changed the address on my license after moving 5 years ago. I think you can be fined 1000 for having incorrect information, but unless you're caught, how are they going to know?

When I got a speeding fine last year I was asked by the police to send in my license. I rang them up and told them it had the wrong address on as I had "recently" moved. They said it wasn't a problem and asked me to put a note in with the license telling them which address to send it back to.

A week or so later I received a letter from the police telling me they had forwarded my license onto the DVLA as they noticed my address was incorrect. I then receieved a letter from the DVLA thanking me for sending them my license and asking if I could send them a photograph so they could issue me with a new photocard license and update my address.

I did, and now have a new photo license with the correct address on. Wasn't a problem at all.

So to sum up, I wouldn't bother worrying about your license (but don't blame me if you get fined). However don't know about the registration docs - this may affect your insurance so probably worth checking.

Mike

6th Gear

Status

I had moved twice in the last 2 years and just dent my license off after getting points...they updated it and i got it back last week! No problems

2nd Gear

Status

Cool, sounds like I can wait till the next move then.

VOIP Dude

Status

Hmm... I left the country and still have my old address on mine. Not sure if you can have an international address on a UK license...

Anyone know? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif[/img]