Best sites for used car values?

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm in the process of selling my A3 tdi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif and wondered if anyone knows any good websites to get an accurate used value?

I've checked what there roughly selling for on autotrader but when i checked the parkers website the price seems to differ quite a bit?

any ideas would be welcome

Mike

I've found parker's to be pretty accurate for a Honda, dunno about A3.

I think industry takes it's prices from Glass', so you can spend £3 if you want that kind of info.

Thanks guys,

I've based my price on the adverts in autotrader so i'll guess i'll have to wait and see what happens

To be honest, part of me hopes that it doesn't sell as it's been such a great car but my ears seem to be taking a battering (from the other half) the longer I keep it!!

perhaps i should sell the missus instead?

I think a lot of people tend to over price their cars after looking at Autotrader and not distinguishing between trade and private sales.

Just something to bear in mind.

Off topic...

Ben any update on the new car yet? Timescale in mine?

In a perfect world i'd sell the tdi and get an S3 but at the minute there are other factors such as saving for our first house to consider

On the bright side because i only do about 5000 miles a year now i can afford to go for the petrol option in my next car so once the tdi's gone i think i'll be on the lookout for a 1.8T A3 if the budget can stretch that far

If not i might have to go for something like a mk3 golf gti 16v but i'd prefer to stick with the audi's if possible

Well a mates wedding just got in the way of me getting the stone chips etc sorted out before I get paid (****** me was it expensive - gift / petrol to get to york / very expensive hotel for two nights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif ) again but hopefully my car should be up for sale by the end of June and then I'll be trying to figure out what to do, I think I'll be getting something cheap and fun while I decide whether it's going to be an S2000 or something more stupid but need to get my car sold first!

If he'd been a true friend he would have understanded why you didn't turn up or give them a gift

i'd rather go for a spin in a mint S3 than have a matching silver tea service anyday of the week

Good point the thing was they asked for money (which /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off anyway) as they've been living together for a while and he's a good friend so it wasn't like I could just put a tenner in a card and be done with it, especially as I was an usher.

I also wasn't expecting to need 3 new tyres as well as getting the wheels re-furbed a few weeks ago, but I was very happy I did after driving back yesterday for 4 hours in the rain - just incase I haven't said it in a thread yet this week, I don't think there is a better all round tyre than the F1 GSD3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Thanks A44NI,

It looks like the price is right (no barrymore puns intended)

oh - and judging by your post count, welcome to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Good point the thing was they asked for money (which /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off anyway) as they've been living together for a while and he's a good friend so it wasn't like I could just put a tenner in a card and be done with it, especially as I was an usher.

I also wasn't expecting to need 3 new tyres as well as getting the wheels re-furbed a few weeks ago, but I was very happy I did after driving back yesterday for 4 hours in the rain - just incase I haven't said it in a thread yet this week, I don't think there is a better all round tyre than the F1 GSD3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You got the wheels refurbed? All 4? Weren't they perfect not that long ago!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rob the two I got from you were fine except a scratch across a spoke from when some work was done on the car earlier in the year (infact I think the guy at the refurb place thought I was a bit mad), I just wanted to make sure they would all be exactely the same (colour etc) and in perfect condition as I wouldn't feel right if the car wasn't like new when I sell it!