Badger5AH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Just filled up with Tesco 99 RON.......

As the title of thread says.......... I know this has been mentioned many times on here but I couldn't be @rsd to search for the threads.....

..... I must say I can notice a difference in the torque. Not done the motorway trip yet, just a tootle around and flooring it for a short while (2nd and 3rd etc.) and it does seem to pull quicker and with more ooomph (it could be me imagining it though - only my first tank full so need a few more I guess)

So my question is (money not in equation here - 100.9 p/ltr - same as Opti) - your thoughts..... If Opti is cleaner and better for the engine - do I fill up 3 - 1 in favour of tesco 99 RON and every few tank fulls, use opti - or is that not worth it as 1 tankfull in 3 wont make a difference.. ?

Thoughts ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

Re: Just filled up with Tesco 99 RON.......

[ QUOTE ]

So my question is (money not in equation here - 100.9 p/ltr - same as Opti) - your thoughts..... If Opti is cleaner and better for the engine - do I fill up 3 - 1 in favour of tesco 99 RON and every few tank fulls, use opti - or is that not worth it as 1 tankfull in 3 wont make a difference.. ?

Thoughts ?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my plan, Tesco's nearer to me and 1p per litre cheaper. But i tended to just use whatever i had to, preferably Optimax and TEsco and BP too, though prefferred the other two.

I'm pretty sure that Optimax and BP ultimate are better for your engine, it's proven that these do indeed make a difference, and I can't believe TEsco's put the same money and time into R&D as the other two did. I believe TEsco 99 RON is "basic" fuel with added ingreidents such as bio ethanol, which boosts the octane rating. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

I had to fill up with BP's 'super' diesel once; the only increase in speed I noticed was how fast my wallet emptied...

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I had to fill up with BP's 'super' diesel once; the only increase in speed I noticed was how fast my wallet emptied...

[/ QUOTE ]

You only need to get 1 or 2 mpg better out of a tank of super to get the extra cost back. Does anyone ever take this into account? It seemed a no brainer to me, more MPG (which covers costs) and a definite improvement in power (granted, mine was chipped and mapped on Optimax).