England Squad - Beggars Belief!

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Of the four strikers Eriksson is taking to the World Cup, one has no prospect of playing, one is not match-fit will have no opportunity to get match-fit before the tournament, one has never played a complete senior football match and the other is Peter Crouch.

He is a complete and total f*cking clueless moron!

[ QUOTE ]

He's getting revenge on you's since you FA are sacking him lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you're desolate with grief, Fallmonk!

Yes but we're strong in midfield and let's face it that's where all the action takes place in most England games

They should just automatically pick the top 5 English goal scorers in the Premiership, but again I'm guessing that wouldn't include many strikers.
As I thought, the top English Goalscorer in the Premiership who's a natural Centre forward is Shearer. How pathetic is that?

[ QUOTE ]
Of the four strikers Eriksson is taking to the World Cup, one has no prospect of playing, one is not match-fit will have no opportunity to get match-fit before the tournament, one has never played a complete senior football match and the other is Peter Crouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here endeth any genuine hope we had of being World Cup Winners 2006.
Please nobody get me started on Rsol Campbell or Owen ****** Hargreaves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He's getting revenge on you's since you FA are sacking him lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you're desolate with grief, Fallmonk!

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be gutted like myself.............ho ho ...........are these the excuses flying out already and you guys havent even played a game yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter Crouch may not be the best player in the world but he has a nice hair cut i should know as i drive a TT ( scoTTy going to go off on one now )

[ QUOTE ]
Must be gutted like myself.............ho ho ...........are these the excuses flying out already and you guys havent even played a game yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm beginning to think it was a bad idea to arrange to go on holiday to the Isle of Bute in June.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true...
But at least England will have the opportunity to play games...

Who are Scotland playing?
Oh yeah, I remember...they're not.

Its tragic! LOL To think he gets paid so much to pick such a predictable team. Its like he hasn't tuned in to english football all season and is just picking the same old names.

Doesn't matter anyway. Lets face it, Brazil are going to win it.

England will no doubt make it to the quarters then the press will have to find their scapegoat.

Plus, I'm glad we're not playing. Better to come close in a qualifying group than sail through to the finals to be ritually spanked by peru or something.

[ QUOTE ]

Plus, I'm glad we're not playing. Better to come close in a qualifying group than sail through to the finals to be ritually spanked by peru or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a pathetic, defeatest attitude...

Any team there is there by right, after qualifying and earning the right.
So getting beaten by a 'crappy' team means that 'crappy' team is surely better thay yours.

Surely getting there and getting beaten is better than not going at all?
Obviously not...

I`m sure there are thousands of Scottish fans who would rather be in Germany next month.
Football is well known to produce the odd shock result or three. Denmark Euro Champions, Greece Euro Champions.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true...

[/ QUOTE ]

Did i mention Scotland ..........no i did not .........Fair play England got through that is great achievement ...................i was waiting for you to come along and give your two pence worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So getting beaten by a 'crappy' team means that 'crappy' team is surely better thay yours.

Obviously not...

[/ QUOTE ]

defeatest attitude i think not but maybe realistic as we are talking about the Scottish Football team here .......They give it there best and no one would say they dont but sometime you have to admit the basic facts that Scottish Football is way behind the likes of France ,Brazil ,Sweden and sometimes England on a bad day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Ireland too....what a shame i think that both teams when playing well improves the entertainment factor dramatically.....the world cup just aint the same without an Ireland or a Scotland in it!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Ireland too....what a shame i think that both teams when playing well improves the entertainment factor dramatically.....the world cup just aint the same without an Ireland or a Scotland in it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aint that true beer sales in Germany have fallen with that bad news !that none of them have made the groups , on the other side the polizei (police)have expanded there jails with the news off England Qualifing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif Only teasing folks , good luck in Germany ,am not going to say i want you to win the final , but i would like you to do well , thats as good as a Scotsman will probably wish you ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously not...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not defeatist, its reality. Scotland are good at glorious failures. We started our campaign badly through Berti's sabotage but nearly rescued it at the end, only to have raised hopes slapped back down. We have qualified for a lot of finals but never produced the goods and are normally the whipping boys.

Thats said, the world cup is always better off and more colourful with the presence of the tartan army. Germany would have been better for it.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats said, the world cup is always better off and more colourful with the presence of the tartan army. Germany would have been better for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right it would...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right it would...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! Fantastic support!