Remapped car.....

The Slug

Reaction score
............Insurance, which is best for covering remaps at a good value, cuz many dont wanna know about remaping!

TIA

Adrian Flux, Elephant/Admiral, Green Light? There are a few, though it depends on many variables when it come to insurance.

Worth giving them a try - I'm sure more people will have other suggestions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A-plan undercut adrian flux, and had a lower excess, for my bmw, even allowing for remap, lowering, etc etc..

get yourself a list of the 3 or 4 most recommended, and then do the trawl through.. adrian flux were cheaper than a-plan for my brother, so you cant assume any are always going to be best..

missus is with AFlux and she was told it'll go up by 30%?? is this normal for having a car remaped?

[ QUOTE ]
missus is with AFlux and she was told it'll go up by 30%?? is this normal for having a car remaped?

[/ QUOTE ]

They usually raise the %age of premium depending on %age increase in power Rich, 20-30% increase in power from turbo'd cars is the norm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm with Direct line and AFlux couldn't beat their quote....

I just bought my Insurance online from Admiral for my Passat with tinted windows, lowered suspension and alloys.... they're good!

Thats who im going with (Admiral) ...they quoted me £505 and thats with 3 points just added on my license. The best by far!

cjb6 2.0 now try bell direct same company but were cheaper for me ?????

They just quoted me £493 quid!

****** hell i'm amazed considering last year my insurance was like £700+

Thanks fingermouse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

no problem glad it work ok for you i couldn`t believe it when they were cheaper for me last year also

get the remap slug! do it, worry about the money later. My Adrian Flux quote is going up in accordance with the percentage power increase. I told them around 220bhp and they said they would increase it buy 20%.
Only about a tenner a month more.

My premium is now going to be £630 for the year.

28yrs old. 9yrs protected no claims, fully comp. with the wife on as well.

Think of the grin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and get selling some stickers to cover the increase!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

BELL dont insurance any car above 25% power increase i suggest anyone to check their policy!

[ QUOTE ]
BELL dont insurance any car above 25% power increase i suggest anyone to check their policy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Admiral are the same!!

How will they know the exact power increase ?

Rolling roads are not that accurate or consistent are they ?

[ QUOTE ]
How will they know the exact power increase ?

Rolling roads are not that accurate or consistent are they ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the grey area, just say it's a 25% increase, they are not going to measure it
though an aftermarket turbo would suggest more than 25% lol.

Cheapest qoute for mine with mods was AA.
Tried audi insurance well came back and said they don't insure cars with mods well their loss.
But found 9 out 10 insurers will not insure for mods.
Plus i think they have a cheek, for instance you get charged more for lowering your car, but if you car is in a incident and they need replacing for example they will only do this to factory settings.
so you lose your springs.

Also as anyone declared their Brembo brakes on insurance, if so did it cost much more??

[ QUOTE ]
Cheapest qoute for mine with mods was AA.
Tried audi insurance well came back and said they don't insure cars with mods well their loss.
But found 9 out 10 insurers will not insure for mods.
Plus i think they have a cheek, for instance you get charged more for lowering your car, but if you car is in a incident and they need replacing for example they will only do this to factory settings.
so you lose your springs.

Also as anyone declared their Brembo brakes on insurance, if so did it cost much more??

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid thing is - most of the upgraded parts (springs etc) are cheaper from the performance companies than the manufacturer anyway!!

someone at work just got his tt done cheap at swift

Whats the best to go for, cuz i take it AmD is an ECU tweat as opposed to actaul remap or am i wrong, so which is best?