New Kitchen fitted but one problem..

Rev-head

Reaction score
Right i have my kitchen all fitted and looking good chrome canopy blah blah everything is fine apart from the washing machine..it does my nut in ..i have a ceramic tiled floor ..so the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif thing bounces all over the shop i have tried leveling out but still no good has anybody here got tips how to quiet it down and stop so much vibration

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That sounds about right when i think about it,,,,,,,,,,, but sorting that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

how old is the machine bud?
as a kitchen fit supervisor, ive been involved in kitchens for nearly 15 years now!! (god is it that long!!)
the usual reason for this is usually age of macine, out of balance mounts or poor loading of the drum (no disrespect intended)

any modern machines are very well balanced, if its less than three years old you should get an engineer out to look at it if it jumps around that much.

there is one option tho, if you can place an absorber of some kind under the macnine, eg, a foil backed foam underlay (available from topps tiles) that will usually do the trick, only prob is you have to by 10meters2 of the stuff, and at £60 a pop it aint cheap.

best bet if the machine is over three years old buy a new one bud, or still get it looked at to check the motor and drum mounts are sound.

ps if the machine came new with the kitchen get the suppliers to replace it m8, i would.

[ QUOTE ]
Get the Mrs to sit on it, apparently they love it

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres only one thing she aloud to sit on and it aint the washing machine..............lol

[ QUOTE ]
as a kitchen fit supervisor, ive been involved in kitchens for nearly 15 years now!! (god is it that long!!)
the usual reason for this is usually age of macine, out of balance mounts or poor loading of the drum (no disrespect intended)

any modern machines are very well balanced, if its less than three years old you should get an engineer out to look at it if it jumps around that much.

there is one option tho, if you can place an absorber of some kind under the macnine, eg, a foil backed foam underlay (available from topps tiles) that will usually do the trick, only prob is you have to by 10meters2 of the stuff, and at £60 a pop it aint cheap.

best bet if the machine is over three years old buy a new one bud, or still get it looked at to check the motor and drum mounts are sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky if its 2 years old ...............that gives me some options loading i know about ,will take the top off and see if all the mounts are ok ...foam sounds a good idea ..would just need it under the legs or would i just drop the thing right down on to the foam?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky if its 2 years old ...............that gives me some options loading i know about ,will take the top off and see if all the mounts are ok ...foam sounds a good idea ..would just need it under the legs or would i just drop the thing right down on to the foam?

[/ QUOTE ]

just cut a piece to the size you need and drop the machine on, its only a temp solution tho m8, after a while the foam will compress and you'll be back to square one. (plus it dosent look that great) especially in a new kitchen

when you take the top off, check all the rubber mounts, there should be very little play in them, also check the ballast (cement blocks usually!!) is firmly bolted down and not cracked.

any more probs feel free to e-mail me bud,
griff220@hotmail.com

Cheers Griff

Will do........... going to pull it out tomorrow and have a look at it

I know what you thinking bainsyboy.............lol

i was in bed mate when you wrote the above, as im a good boy

Silly question but did you take the locking bolts off the back? These cause the machine to bounce like hell, they lock the drum so it has no horizontal or vertical movement sort of like locking the suspension on a wheel.

Did you see four brothers? They used the washine machine as a tool!!!!!!