Anyone here have Adrian Flux insurance?

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of changing insurers from Direct Line over to Adrian Flux. I was reading through the "small print" and it says that: a thatcham category 1 alarm must be fitted for theft cover to apply?

Does anyone else have this same clause?

I'm presuming that the standard girlie alarm fitted to the A3's isn't thatcham C1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

most audi alarms are actually thatcham cat 1's!!! yet they dont actually provide you with a certificate.

There is a number you can call and thatcham will send you a certificate which in turn can get you upto 20% off insurance,

A friend of mine has done this on his VW, and got the certificate for free.

he is forwarding the number to me and I will post on here with instructions.

Alot of insurance companies already know that alot of VAG cars are fittid with thatcham approved alarms and immobilisers at CAT 1 levels!

I am insured with Ad /Flux...and yes need Thatcham Alarm Cat 1 for the insurance

As Dan says if you phone audi/VW dealer up and speak to service department they will give you phone number for Thatcham themselves and they will tell you approved rating and probably sort you out with Certificate

I'm with Adrian Flux. When they asked my about security, I just told them the car was fitted with the factory system, and they accepted it without asking for certification.

me too. with Adrian Flux, they seemed to know the alarm was up to scratch when I spoke to them. I think they even checked it out and told me. Maybe you just had a plonker dealing with your quote.

thanks guys

Tdi Dan, if you could forward me the number just in case it'd be appreicated.

Mike

Ok will do, or as Revhead stated contact your local Audi Stealer...its no secret this number for thatcham....just not in the phone books or online!

I've just spoken to adrian flux again and there insisting on seeing the certificate from thatcham -grrrr

I've phoned 2 different audi dealers and have been told by one that on a 2002 A3, it's a thatcham 2 system, then the other dealer said it was a thatcham 1 system ???

neither of them had a number for thatcham either which is a bit odd?

If anyone has the thatcham number it'd be greatly appreciated.

Im with Flux and they told me I needed a Cat 2 imobiliser to be covered for theft. I only have the factory fitted system so I rang up Adrian Flux and they checked on their Thatcham listings and told me that the standard Audi alarm/imobiliser is rated Thatcham Cat 2. They didnt require a certificate as all Audi's supplied in the same year as mine had this alarm/imobiliser fitted.

Cheers guys,

I managed to get it sorted in the end, just had to speak to a different person at adrian flux who knew what they were talking about.

I did manage to get hold of the thatcham number in the end from audi customer service, i've asked the mods to add it to the FAQ thread as i'm sure other people will be needing it at some point.