C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
B*stards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

S3Window1.jpg

S3Window2.jpg

Nothing taken, and no other attempt to get into the car.

I checked the car at 11am this morning, the neighbour was out front just after then and he's 100% sure it was OK at that time. I look again at just after 12 and I see that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I'm thinking it was kids, I've had to shift them before for kicking the ball around next to the cars. Next time I'll have the fekin air rifle handy.

Needless to say, I never heard the pishy Audi beeping alarm, or it never went off......

So, I've had to leave the car in an Autoglass depot overnight as they won't have the glass till tomorrow.

I hope you are having a better Sunday than me.

NOT A HAPPY MAN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Gutted for ya fella! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hope whoever did it gets what they deserve...

Regards,

Rob.

Really sorry Audiboy.

At least no bodywork was damaged or theft from the car, and on the bright side you still have one A-S sticker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Really sorry Audiboy.

At least no bodywork was damaged or theft from the car, and on the bright side you still have one A-S sticker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I should have added that the bits of glass attached to the seal put a nice scratch on the car too. Its not too deep, hopefully a good buffing will take it out.

Yeah it's just aswell I have a couple of spare A-S stickers!

Of all the things the little ASBO scroats could have done, at least it's an easy fix.

Oh that is crap mate, little barstewards. I hope they contract the ebola virus, that'll teach 'em!

Could have been so much worse ie they could have just scratched it aswell, but still a bummer, couldnt have been the little darlings playing football and ball has done smashed it ?

[ QUOTE ]
Could have been so much worse ie they could have just scratched it aswell, but still a bummer, couldnt have been the little darlings playing football and ball has done smashed it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dunno what happened, i'm hoping it was an accident like that so I don't have to worry about watching the car 24-7. There has never been any vandalism/damage to cars in my area since I've lived there, I've been there 3 years now and this is the first.

Acccidents can happen - that I can take - I just hope it wasn't deliberate if you know what I mean???

Hoping it was one of the kids with a ball or something, sh*t themselves and ran a mile after they did it.

The window has fell 'out' the way - the way the seal is in the pic - is this what to expect or does it look like someone has pulled the seal outwards after breaking the glass??

Cheers for the comments guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That sux man. I feel for you, These ****** people are lower than a snakes belly. I think its confirmed my need for a aftermarket alarm system though!

Not even Rooney could bust a side window with a football, it would have to be a cricket ball or deliberate I'm afraid.

Audi alarms do suck, as there not that loud, have you cut anyone up, or did you have anything at all that may have looked valuable.
Hopefully it was kids arseing about with ball or something and not something more serious, could have been a football as that ball broke or shattered that man utds players leg the other wk so could have broke the glass and they have reached in to get the ball and then as they have got out window has gone as it is in your pictures. Still a bummer but i would have thought they would have done more damage if you have upset somebody and if they where after the car they would have smashed the front window i would have thought, hopefully nothing else will happen.

[ QUOTE ]
Audi alarms do suck, as there not that loud, have you cut anyone up, or did you have anything at all that may have looked valuable.
Hopefully it was kids arseing about with ball or something and not something more serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Na I can't think of anyone I've /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off recently /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I've hardly been driving the S3 due to the company car to be honest.

Nothing at all valuable that was visible in the car.

looking at the pictures again did you pull the rubber like that or was it like that already when you found it, i would purchase a disklock from halfords if i was you, although nothing will stop them if they want the car i find putting mine on gives me peace of mind.

[ QUOTE ]
looking at the pictures again did you pull the rubber like that or was it like that already when you found it

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubber was like that when I found it......... that's what worries me.

[ QUOTE ]
The window has fell 'out' the way - the way the seal is in the pic - is this what to expect or does it look like someone has pulled the seal outwards after breaking the glass??

Cheers for the comments guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like they could have been trying to open the rear window with a screwdriver.

i have seen cars that look like they have been nicked with the back window completly removed, and looking at your rubber again it looks like that is what they might have been trying to do BUT they would have to have balls of steel to try nicking it in broad daylight by removing the glass, get yourself a disklock bright big yellow or you can get silver, in auto express they rate them as the best deterrent, id be guessing a time it takes there expert to remove one but think its about 7 or 8 mins, you can find them in most car stores, not cheap but like i said above gives me peace of mind and hopefully puts the would be thief off.

again i feel for you,

just an idea

on my old A3 my window got smashed but luckly i had light smoke window tint.
and this actually protected the car body work and no glass went anywhere, the tint just held it all,

What's the point in the disclok guys - they didn't steal the car or anything in it, I don't see how a daft yellow thing on the steering wheel is going to make the chav / numptie / yob kid not smash his window - me catching one of the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif doing it would though, permantly!

good luck getting it sorted and that's very bad luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sorry about the damage, hope you get it fixed soon.

[ QUOTE ]
Gutted for you mate!!!

You get the car back today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, got it back about an hour ago.....

I can complain about the repair to be honest, although the black plastic pillar does not fit as flush as the other side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Can live with it I suppose.

Now, to setup some 'survelliance' with my webcam!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif surveillance, i'd get a couple of rotweillers instead.

God thats quick the point of my dislock is that if its little herberts trying to steal my car it should slow the little angels down for about 7 to 8 mins by which time hopefully either myself or one of the neighbours should hear the commotion. How i see it is if my car was parked next to yours and mine had the dislock on and some little scrote wanted a car he would pick yours first with no extra security unless of course you got the flame things that they have in south africa.

Fair point, just isn't worth the hassle to me, it's only a car and it has pretty good security as it is, my alarm goes off if I so much as leave the window open on a cold day and lock the car. If the scum are cleaver enough to know how to get in and start the car then good luck to them - I'll have the money from the insurance.

IIRC you can claim for any paintwork that is damaged as a direct result from glass breakage.

I had my side windows smashed on a BMW i had years ago and the scredriver left dents along the pillars. The insurance company paid to have it all fixed with no affect to my NCB. Worth checking

[ QUOTE ]
do you get alarms that can either phone or txt you when they go off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the high-end cliffords do this??

Right, I'm thinking about getting protective security film fitted to all the side windows.

Does anyone have this or can they recommend it???

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

TOAD when i last went to a toad dealer do both the window film and the alarms that trigger a pager when they go off, the pager can just plug into some compatiable alarms

Looking at the pics I am not sure that was an attempted theft. I should know having had 10 break in's to various cars over the years. Another possible cause is the window simply "exploding". The reason I say this is there is very little glass inside the car. I have had that happen as well. If the glass has a slight imperfection in it, and you get a slightly warmer day, then the glass expands and shatters. When that does happen, the glass normally goes outward not inwards.

To be on the safe side, you should fit a film to the window glass. It makes it much harder to break into a car.