Problem with my PC

Rev-head

Reaction score
As somebody here had i have been having blue screen............the PC just crashes when i try and fix internet connection........i will be online and suddenly i click on page and it will come up cannot find server so i click on connection icon which says it is still connected ....so i am clicking on support and pressing repair the minute i do this ...........shutdown!!.........sent a report to MS and they say blue screen..fault... device driver problem ,,,,,,,,,,,I have had computer for about 5 months i got it from evesham tech........

Any ideas how to fix problem

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

How are you connecting to the internet? via modem or router?

You may need to visit your hardware vendor's website to obtain the latest drivers.

It may be, that the hardware you have is conflicting with another peice of hardware, therefore you may need to buy an alternative modem/router.

If the computer goes into Shutdown and does a countdown from 60 seconds before it reboots then sounds like you have the classic symptoms of either the Blaster virus or Sasser Virus. As Audi5e has stated make sure you run a virus scan but try to have your antivirus up to date this will br tricky with no internet but if you can borrow someones laptop and goto the AV site and download the antivirus DAT file and then copy it to a USB key or burn to a CD then you can transfer it to your pc and run an up to date scan.
Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How are you connecting to the internet? via modem or router?

You may need to visit your hardware vendor's website to obtain the latest drivers.

It may be, that the hardware you have is conflicting with another peice of hardware, therefore you may need to buy an alternative modem/router.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have wireless and talk package from wanadoo

[ QUOTE ]
If the computer goes into Shutdown and does a countdown from 60 seconds before it reboots then sounds like you have the classic symptoms of either the Blaster virus or Sasser Virus. As Audi5e has stated make sure you run a virus scan but try to have your antivirus up to date this will br tricky with no internet but if you can borrow someones laptop and goto the AV site and download the antivirus DAT file and then copy it to a USB key or burn to a CD then you can transfer it to your pc and run an up to date scan.
Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did a virus scan of whole computer last night (have bullguard full package)it showed 2 virus's one Adware and one Trojan both deleted so hoping that will help my cause with the problem

If it does not ,how do i find out if i have Blaster virus or Sasser virus

Cheers

Steve