Is it me or are Hard Fi total crap

ToneDeaf

Reaction score
Does anyone else think Hard Fi are total crap. Seriously cant see what all the fuss is about. My cat could write better lyrics. Talentless noise polluters. Or is it just me, am I getting old and not down with the kids??

Yes its you! Think thats a brilliant album, but hey everyone's different.

Also loving Arctic Monkeys right now.

yep, its just you.

hard to beat is fantastic and after listening to the album a few times, I like it.

Oh well, each to their own I guess. Actually think the Artic Monkeys are rubbish too.

Now where did I put my Cheeky Girls CD.

There are a few that agree with you (unfortunately not enough to stop them being play incessently on the radio!). Artic Monkeys and Hard-Fi, both a pile of sh!te IMO

Hard Fi are catchy. I like some of their stuff, but after their absolutely appauling efforts live on stage I am put off by them - seen local bands play much better.

Artic Munkeys are good. Imagine the pressure they have to follow up on the next album - delivering the goods. Let's hope they can!

...Bloc Party is where it's at.

The problem I have with the current "exciting" crop of new bands (killers, monkeys, hard fi, kaiser chiefs etc) is not that they're good or bad, but just that they're OK and certainly don't deserve the ludicrous amount of priase & critical acclaim they are currently enjoying. It's all been done before and a helluva lot better.
Has it really got so bad in the music industry that this is what passes for fantastic exciting new music? Oh yes I guess it has. Rap, R'n'B and the instant celebrity bandwagon saw to that. Whatever happened to people forming bands just to create good music for their own entertainment and if other people liked it then it was a bonus.
I guess the Artic Monkeys would claim that's what they did, but I'm sorry internet marketing cannot replace months on the road actually working for a living.
God I sound like my dad! That reminds me, I must go and check if my radiators need bleeding.

Although I did see a pretty good new (to me anyway) band supporting DM on Sunday at Wembley Arena, the Bravery. But again very retro Curelike with a bit of early U2 and a front man who looked like a geography teacher having a nervous breakdown.

I like hard fi but i think they are overplayed on the radio at the moment.

But saying that, it's better than the non stop onslaught of R&B pish flooding the airwaves. IMO - theres a reason fifty cent's been shot seven times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif- he's annoying & can't sing!!

The bravery are good as well, they had a song a little while ago, My greatest mistake if i remember correctly which was good.