Beware - new digital speed cameras on the M42

hop2407

Reaction score
This is a communication I have just received and from a reliable source. Apologies if you already know.... I'm not very up on cameras and the different types so I guess someone on here may enlighten us or provide more detai.....

"As of Saturday, 1st April 2006 the new digital automated tracking system between junctions 3 and 7b on the M42 is scheduled to go live.

There are 276 digital cameras which have been set to 2 MPH tolerance.
You will not see any flash. The first you will know when you have been caught is the day the postman delivers the £60 fine.

Be careful out there."

Feck!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Thanks for the Heads Up! Muchos appreciated.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, 276?! that's going to take me ages with the oxy-acetalene torch, not to mention the amount of gas it'll use.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha Ha Ha - You supply the gas and torches - AS.Net will supply the manpower...

How can they madate a tolerance of only 2 mph. Legally our cars are only required to be 90% acurate, which on the motorway means +/- 7mph

f***ing t@ssers

is this an early april fools

if not, I can make it up there with an angle grinder in 60 minutes..

let me know..

If they're digital why are there so many when SPECS can just track you between junctions.
I saw them when I was on my way up to Warrington last week, they are literally every half mile on the gantrys. What a complete waste of my money when they could have deployed 8 SPECs camera's to achieve the same result.
If they are gonna continue with the "speed kills on motorways" nonsense then at least they could do it right. So they'll clock me doing 80mph at 3am on a clear night, but the HGV doing 70 in the p1ssing rain gets nothing? And bikes get away scot free as usual (cause these cameras are front facing) when they are the biggest victim of death on the road.
Makes perfect sense to me.

i was hoping this was an april fools, but i can believe your right, i took out my weekender there a few weeks ago and broke down at j6-7 north , the patrol got to me quick told me this junction had claimed 2 police officers lives recently and it was notorious for accidents i sat high up on the bank waiting for a recovery truck as advised.
the patrol passes through hourly and there are traffic cameras already there every hundred yards are so, the patrol they are actually based near there under the m6 toll road, i saw them returning as the recovery truck took me back, so i guess these would be the most valid place for cameras, that is if it is not april fools /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well if it's an April fools then it's a pretty expensive one as the camera's are there, 100's of them within just a few miles.
yes an accident black spot caused by HGV's, just like pretty much all serious motorway accidents, yet it is the HGV's that are fairly unaffected by speed camera's

Anyone know what happens if you speed through all of them?
One of my mates thinks he may have just done this, despite seeing the camera's and his satnav going ballistic (yes I know he's an idiot. I calculate that's at least 15 camera's. Surely they don't issue 15 seperate tickets & a court summons then ban? That means you could get banned for speeding for less than 1.5 miles!!!
When you consider a police car can follow you for 3 miles and just issue 1 ticket. By that rationale the cop following you could potentially do you for speeding every 500 yards, i.e. 9 tickets. The world has gone mad (again)