HOME SECURITY OPTIONS

Naresh

Reaction score
On the subject of defending your home this week I found an intruder at the back of my home this evening who climbed over into my neighbour's house before escaping through the side garage! Luckily for him he had escaped before I had the chance to run through my house and cut him!

I know what you're saying to let him but I don't give a crap about any laws he would have seen the hard side of a baseball bat if captured!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Anyway, can anyone please recommend somewhere I can buy razor wire or something similar which can be screwed to the top of a brick wall to prevent climbing??
I thought about glass shards but this seems to time consuming and wouldn't look attractive not that barbed wire etc does but I need something effective quick!! There is a huge climbing ivy that covers the majority of the wall but not towards the rear next to the shed!

There must be some online places or at least stores that sell similar products??

not to be a kill joy but you have to be carefully what you do as you can be sude if a person injurys then self by such thing on your property, u can get plastic nail tracks which can do the job and will hurt like ****** but wont cause serious harm, think these are legal plus also stop cats

there are some site that sell razor wire etc but i think you do use such things you must display signs saying so

Hi Will, yes I know about the legal side of things and how stupid is that! OK, so some scum attempts to climb a fence to break into someones home and slits his wrist but surely they should get questioned anyway why they were trying to scale somone elses wall?? I hate the laws of this country!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Anyway do you know of any sites out there which sell such devices? How about carpet gripper? How would you rate that?

would think the carpet gripper is okay as would juts put them off going over rather than slicing there hands off the important one to remeber is if any kids kick a ball over and climb over etc. the laws do really suck. i remeber a garage owner being sude as the theif fell down the pit and then sude.

sound a bit w**k but add some trelise and the carpet strips would stop them climb over and cover you, or invest in a wood chiper, if you catch one use the chipper and feed the rest to the local pig farm

just a idea not that im some physco /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Cheers Naresh,

Still havnt got the wheels done yet. I still havnt decided on whether to get them done in the original finish or get them black chromed etc. Its the no centre caps thing thats bugging me. Once I make a decision and get them done I'll post up some pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

To get away with anti burglar devices you have to put up signs that are clear (just like clamping signs). also you can add anything to the top of you boundery as long as its above 8ft so i'm told. I know the height of the boundery is really important.