Traffic News website - Awesome

Good website although I question how up to date it is - I use the M11 4 times a week and they are resurfacing between jc9 and jc8 (with 40MPH limit) yet this website reports nothing of these roadworks.

LOL at the M11 Average Speed Cameras /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

they provide me with great fun

Great find - seems to be sponsored by the Highways Agency.

Shame they limit the average speed to 70mph. Would be interesting to see what the average really is - especially during home time motorways out of London.

We complain about congestion, but these days, even with quite dense traffic, you are quite oftern still doing at least 70.

Sadly, I have to use it all too often as well.

Were you one of the unfortunate thousands caught up in the debacle on the 25th February - J7 was closed off and J8 was left open... we all piled in to the stretch of the M11 with no exits, only to sit there for nearly 8 hours.

Lost four theatre tickets and my daughter's birthday that day.

Needless to say I have written to the Highways Agency, who told me 14 working days ago that they would reply within 10 working days.

I am disgusted with the way there is no accountability for any of these people - it's OK to make a map that looks good, but actually doesn't include all the relevant info, and yet they take no blame whatsoever when they don't do the job we pay taxes for them to do.

Shoddy way to treat people, IMO.

I do question whether the average speed cameras actually exist - I mean, 90% of motorists will slow down because they will see the signs advising of the use of average speed cameras and the 'cameras' themselves but lets not lose sight of the fact that there was no communicatin infrastructure <as far as I was aware> before these roadworks and I see no radio communications boxes on the road side...

Just makes me wonder... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

The specs average speed cameras work - I suggest if you doubt it go along the section of the M11 over the speed limit and wait for some post! There are as well as loads of overhead camera poles possible locations for the computers or internet connection for the cameras.

There are also some form of connection for the emergency phones and the traffic master monitoring cameras already in place on all motorways so the connection shouldn't be an issue.

Total /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif though and the 40mph speed limit is a joke on the M11, there's just no need for it to be that slow.

Nice one thats wicked it even shows the speed of the trafic flows.