Booooooo!
Gold Supporter
Reaction score

On Quest tonight at 9PM ... Cars That Rock with Brian Johnson

Tonight’s episode is about the Mini

ctr_episode_mini_300x250.jpg

Maybe worth a look

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands up on here who has driven an original (i.e. 1959-2001) Mini?

They were the staple choice of first car for teenagers when I was growing up. Between us, my brothers and I (plus my mum) must have owned about 20 of them over the 1970s and early 1980s. Every single one of them was a nightmare to own, but huge fun to drive (they really did steer like a go-kart). Even the base 850 model (34bhp) didn't feel slow because of the sheer immediacy of every driver input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost
Hands up!

Meeeeeee..... And the 1100, 1300, Maxi, and 1800 Princess "land-crab".

And we had an MG Metro Turbo (RS3copilot's daily steed) for 17-years: even took it to France and back....

Attachments

• Dixie #2X.jpg
    Dixie #2X.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: jojo, Ghost and Nilz
I owned a few… my first car was a mini, and i passed my driving test in one. :racer:

Reactions: 45bvtc
The only Mini, if you can all it one, that I've ever driven is a BMW Mini Cooper S mk1, the supercharged one. I think the sales guy may have shat his pants during the test drive, I caned the sh!t out of it, heel toeing into corner, it had too much grip for me to get the back end out though, and my sister out a deposit down to buy one afterwards..... much fun! :racer:

But talking of classic Minis, my mate had a late model, K reg cooper with the electric canvas roof, and he's a loon behind the wheel! I sat in it once back in the day. Also sat in a really old model that had drum brakes front and rear, and an auto box with 3gears? The doors rotted and my mate scrapped it, but I bet he wished he kept it now. Even rust buckets fetch good money these days!

Mini was my very !st car:) x

The only Mini, if you can all it one, that I've ever driven is a BMW Mini Cooper S mk1, the supercharged one. I think the sales guy may have shat his pants during the test drive, I caned the sh!t out of it, heel toeing into corner, it had too much grip for me to get the back end out though, and my sister out a deposit down to buy one afterwards..... much fun! :racer:

But talking of classic Minis, my mate had a late model, K reg cooper with the electric canvas roof, and he's a loon behind the wheel! I sat in it once back in the day. Also sat in a really old model that had drum brakes front and rear, and an auto box with 3gears? The doors rotted and my mate scrapped it, but I bet he wished he kept it now. Even rust buckets fetch good money these days!

It probably had four gears, JoJo. The auto box option on old Minis was a 4-speed (made by AP, if I remember correctly).

My very first car was a Mini Rose special edition (with a pink roof!) Very fun little car to mess around in on the back roads around me.

Was handed down to me from my Gran who owned it from new and only had 22000 miles on the clock, kept a in a garage most of it's life.

Everyone should own an original mini at least once in there life! :)

supercharged MK1 has the back end out on a roudabout too, had it proper sideways and shat myself and my mate who just literally had it delivered. ended up putting a mercedes supercharger in it and he lived minutes away from the local Works team, so obviously we used to show them up a lot and really **** on their parade whenever we saw one out