talksport

amb276s3

bird spotter
Reaction score
cant believe that this normally excellent radio station have now got that a*se wipe george galloway on air sat/sun nights, he should be kicked out of britain for his anti war, american hating, bulls*it that seeps from his fat mouth, how can anyone meet sadam and not want to land a punch or two, oh no, not george he bent over and let the whole of the middle east shove a scud missile up his backside.

Radio station must be trying to get more listeners whats his take on sport though?

Georgie boy there to wind up people?

It used to be called Talk Radio.......why does GG hate america so much??

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same reason why alot of other people hates America so much too!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same reason why alot of other people hates America so much too!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i thought, soo whats the problem with people hating him so much??? weird???

I have no idea he's one of those nobody people in my view. He shouts alot about views which majority of people back yet he is not a big political figure...seems to me he likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much!

Yeah,

"He shouts alot about views which majority of people back "

Thats probably why hes not a big political figure....the gov' dont like the publics view do they.

Which "views that a lot of people back", do you refer to, if you mean the war in iraq i think you are wrong, just because the people that support the war dont march around London showing support it is assumed that the majority of the population are not in favour, i personally dont know anyone who is against the war, in fact many believe we should sort out iran too, as far as the americans go i have never come across a more polite, helpfull and generous country, ok they are a bit loud, but that is more to do with confidence, when was the last time you went anywhere in this godforsaken country and got anything like proper customer service and a decent meal at a restaurant etc..

Cant argue with that mate...customer service is total sh!te here amongst many other things. I personally have nothing against the yanks just think they could do alot better with someone intelligent in charge instead of a dangerous cowboy with his advisers who are equally if not more dangerous!

Hmm i agree good old george bush does have a few faults, can you imagine blair trying to run a country like the usa with all of its diversity, they would probably all want to come and live here

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm i agree good old george bush does have a few faults, can you imagine blair trying to run a country like the usa with all of its diversity, they would probably all want to come and live here

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt that what the rest of the world are doing already

I don't agree with the war in Iraq for one reason. Saddam is a tosspot who killed a lot of his own people, yes, but there are worse things in the world. Also Iran hasn't done anything. Who should say that one country should have nuclear weapons and another shouldn't?? WHy not ban them everywhere if they are so bad.

Currently in Zimbabwe, people who have lived there for years who happen to be white are being murdered and their lands taken from them. Why don't the US/UK do something about that? These are people who have a connection with the UK too. Is Magabe better than Saddam?

The reason is there is nothing in it for Blair / Bush to gain from invading and sorting out. Instead they've gone into a country that has nothing to do with them really and it's breeding hatred towards the west because of it.

I was initially for the war but have started to change my mind about it seeing what state it's in now. More people have died since the power vacuum that's been created in Iraq than under Saddam. Maybe it is more humane being blown up than being tortured but death is death. Explain to the widows of British soldiers just how they are better off their loved ones died. It's not like WW2 where GB was under attack.

I think amb276s3 should stop reading the Red Top papers in which 'the world is going to end' and read something factual such as The Times. By having the facts you can make an informed decision on whether the war was a good idea.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with the war in Iraq for one reason. Saddam is a tosspot who killed a lot of his own people, yes, but there are worse things in the world. Also Iran hasn't done anything. Who should say that one country should have nuclear weapons and another shouldn't?? Why not ban them everywhere if they are so bad.

Currently in Zimbabwe, people who have lived there for years who happen to be white are being murdered and their lands taken from them. Why don't the US/UK do something about that? These are people who have a connection with the UK too. Is Magabe better than Saddam?

The reason is there is nothing in it for Blair / Bush to gain from invading and sorting out. Instead they've gone into a country that has nothing to do with them really and it's breeding hatred towards the west because of it.

I was initially for the war but have started to change my mind about it seeing what state it's in now. More people have died since the power vacuum that's been created in Iraq than under Saddam. Maybe it is more humane being blown up than being tortured but death is death. Explain to the widows of British soldiers just how they are better off their loved ones died. It's not like WW2 where GB was under attack.

I think amb276s3 should stop reading the Red Top papers in which 'the world is going to end' and read something factual such as The Times. By having the facts you can make an informed decision on whether the war was a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost entirely agree. To me it seems like the war just wasn't thought through. We go in, get rid of Saddam, then everything is rosy. Er, no Mr Bush. I don't think Blair would have rished into it, he was pushed by our biggest Ally, targeting as much worlwide hatred our way!
I was in Canada when the war started, and I met loads of really cool americans. They were all against the war and Bush. When I ventured into america, the blind patriotism really wound me up. They just seemed to see it as black and white, they are a threat to us, we should go to war. A simplification maybe, but that was what it appeared.

As much as I hated Farenheit 9/11 for it's blatant propaganda, it did bring up some interesting points.
And despite my anit-war feelings, I think G Gallaway is complete nob. Really can't stand him.

There might have been reasons for invading Iraq, but are we honestly in a better position now than we were than?

Bring back Clinton, he may have had some obvious failings, but from what i saw was good at his job.

Just my 2p. (i'm not a political analyst)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with the war in Iraq for one reason. Saddam is a tosspot who killed a lot of his own people, yes, but there are worse things in the world. Also Iran hasn't done anything. Who should say that one country should have nuclear weapons and another shouldn't?? WHy not ban them everywhere if they are so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here ..........i totally agree with this couldnt of said it better myself

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with the war in Iraq for one reason...

...I was initially for the war but have started to change my mind about it seeing what state it's in now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think that this is the view held by the majority….. initially in favour but now against. The problem this presents is fairly obvious IMO – what do people expect the government to do? I think even they may agree but it’s a bit late to do a u-turn now. It is an unenviable position to be in but the fact of the matter is that supported by the majority of the public we went into war – what do you expect the government to do? Just say ‘oops, sorry’ and pull the troops out? Sorry, it’s easy for us to say that in hindsight that we were wrong but we’re there now and we should try and support our boys out there. Just my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with the war in Iraq for one reason...

...I was initially for the war but have started to change my mind about it seeing what state it's in now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think that this is the view held by the majority….. initially in favour but now against. The problem this presents is fairly obvious IMO – what do people expect the government to do? I think even they may agree but it’s a bit late to do a u-turn now. It is an unenviable position to be in but the fact of the matter is that supported by the majority of the public we went into war – what do you expect the government to do? Just say ‘oops, sorry’ and pull the troops out? Sorry, it’s easy for us to say that in hindsight that we were wrong but we’re there now and we should try and support our boys out there. Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, it's a difficult one.
I think the majority supported the war because they were under the impression there was no alternative, (maybe there wasn't?) I think the public will generally support those that they elected (and the only ones that have ALL the information to make a decision with), as they expect them to make the right call. I don't think we should say "80% public support means it was the correct decision". And just because it's in the past and we're stuck with it now, we should ignore the original decision etc.

Yes, the Government are backed into a corner and can't just do a U-turn and pull out, but surely that comment means that it was a mistake in the first place? (which is the current discussion). And if it was a mistake, that the majority of people (probably) now think it is/was, that it was a fairly big ****-up!
We angered our other international freinds by going ahead with america, they obviously saw it as a mistake and said so. I believe if there wasn't any alternative, then it would have been unanimous.

As I said before, I don't have facts and figures, so my argument could be completely flawed, but until i know something more that's my opinion.

What happened to our secret service, so called mi5/mi6 , trying to make out they had evidence to suggest a chemical attack with 30mins to OUR country, what a load of crock!
Nothing has been done about this massive bull$h!t spreading, and why, giving the FACT that NO chemical WOMD have actaully been found even to date.
Theres defo a bigger agenda to whats going on in the world that people know.

Little Britain (fatfighters)>>>>>> Weapons, anybody, No! Anybody, weapons, No!Weapons, anybody, No! Anybody, weapons, No!

Thanks for your opinion Wicked 666, i dont read any paper due to the lack of time i have, my views are based purely on what i believe and by dropping a casual "by the way what do you think of the war in the middle east", into a conversation or two and the response has always been 100% in favour, i cant help that, as you know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, also i must be more patriotic than most my blood boils when somebody mentions the London bombings or when i watch my countless recordings of the 911 terror attacks.
I agree completely with your mention of zimbabwe, thanks for reminding me, if i were a soldier i would be "chomping at the bit" to get out there.
One last point, i think most would rather stand shoulder to shoulder with the americans and risk upsetting the french than become another european soft touch run by bruxelles.
p.s i stand to be corrected but didn't the french supply or were selling exocet missiles to the argies during the falkland war.

Yes Exocet missile were supplied by the french and also gave them the activation codes too for them to be active, knowing what was going on out there. from what i can remember

But judging from their build quality they would've fallen apart before getting anywhere near their intended target.

Well from memory they managed to sink HMS sheffield....

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt that was a French one

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, exocet supplied by the french.

Isnt this getting of the topic a bit, lol.

nothing wrong with a bit of variety Slug, how about, guys do you prefer birds in thongs or those shorts they seem to be wearing now?

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i love the way they peep over the waistband of jeans

[/ QUOTE ]

Strings work form, just hook your left thumb under them and you can pin them out of the way whilst you get to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nice one Eeef, i still remember the first time i saw a thong/string half way up a ladies back, i imagine it must have been right up the crack of her a.....

seen it b4, quite shocking what can be covered up hey