numberplates

stonecold1163

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get some numberplates made.The only thing is i want them to make the last 2 letters look like some thing else.e.g the letter H to look like a O and a G to look like a E.I have tried several places on line but no luck.Hope some one maybe able to help me.

I managed to get some made to measure on Ebay. It was a while ago, & I don't have the seller details anymore, but worth a search if you haven't already

Google search number plates, pleanty of companies out there, that do things for shows etc! Designed to spec!

Aint that slightly illegal though? Faslifying a reg plate? my mate got a hefty fine for making R10 HCA into R1CH CA

his name basically.

yes, that is why they are described as for show use only. They will fail an MOT and the police will fine you if you alter a plate so that it appears to say something else (this can include the colour of the fasteners too!)

I was warned about my plates when i was stopped for speeding. Basically the plod said change them or next time we stop you you will get fined as the lettering is not within the specification standard requirements!

And get this all the difference on my index plate is the lettering is slightly chunkier with a border around it. It is still perfectly legable from a good distance.

I dont know how some of these plates get to stay on cars for example fancy italic scroll writing....you cant make out what the hell the letters are!

One thing i'd like to know, can you get away with having a german plate with UK reg no.
Cuz ive seen a few floating around, and at first glance you'd think it was a german car..thoughts anyone

Another point.....about plates (sorry this is a bit of a hijack!)

The amount of foreign number plates...i.e latvian and Polish.. i see everyday going to work and back.
How many don't have road tax, insurance or licenses and get away with it for indefinate periods of time. No wonder us legitamit road users get squeezed from the government year in year out...its getting rediculous now!

[ QUOTE ]
Another point.....about plates (sorry this is a bit of a hijack!)

The amount of foreign number plates...i.e latvian and Polish.. i see everyday going to work and back.
How many don't have road tax, insurance or licenses and get away with it for indefinate periods of time. No wonder us legitamit road users get squeezed from the government year in year out...its getting rediculous now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know how it is down in the big smoke cj but the amount of Polish workers in glasgow now is frighteneing , almost all the factorys i go to now have polish workers , and when our warehouse burnt down the team put to demo the building where almost all polish only the JCB driver was Scottish !

My dad was saying that Ireland too has had a massive influx in Eastern europeans. He said that nearly every week in the newspapers there are reports of fatalities on the roads through bad and dangerous driving and always involving Poles, Lats, Ruskies and so on. They are coming over and undercutting everyones prices! my brother in law who is in construction is going mad as his firm cant compete with the prices they are offering but the workmanship they produce is crap!

I MOT bikes and the rules for the plates are that the characters must be of equal width over the complete length, must be clearly legible from 15 metres and not have any features that may alter the appearance of the registration plate. I guess the police must go by this. Manual also says that diplomatic and foreign plates need not adhere to the layout only. So the lettering would have to still be correct.

With the police relyiny more on ANPR and esp the scamera's wanting more money (spcs can only read standard plates) the last thing you want to be doing is altering your plate. I have a feeling that it may also be an endorsable offence in the new road "safety" bill.

I have a private plate on mine, a1 xyz (nt that but you get the idea) and I changed it to a1x yz and got taken to court by lincolnshire police, the CPS pushed for a 1 grand fine but it got thrown out cos the police had given me no chance to change it back.

Its not worth it.

No such thing as private plates in france, whenever you move house you have to re-register your car with the local authorities and they issue you a reg number that ties your car to that region - what a pain..

But CJ you are right about the foreigh cars here - and as I understand it if you own a place in france, you can register a car there, pay french tax/insurance (cheap) etc, but quite legally drive it over here.. as long as you reregister it there annually.. bit of a loophole! The reverse also applies, though you are 'supposed' to register a car there if it stays more than 6 months..

they have a nice loophole fro banned drivers too... the little 'Microcar' jobs, with their 500cc diesel lumps can be driven by anyone, with no licence required.. so a banned or unlicensed driver can still be quite mobile (albeit at a reduced speed!!!)

seem to have drifted off topic oops