Jinky Johnston the greatest ever celt!

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
Just a thought a i post a topic on the sad news of jimmy johnston who was recently voted the greatest ever celtic player , part of the European cup winning team (1st ever in the UK) died today aged 61,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gifJimmy Johnstone, Celtic's greatest ever player, has died at age 61 after a long illness.

Fellow Lisbon Lion and captain of the greatest team in Celtic’s history, Billy McNeill, spoke movingly about his former team-mate.

“Jimmy was a lovely wee man and was a team-mate and a friend to all of us for over 40 years," he said. "I was lucky enough to play alongside him and see him in his prime but I have as much respect for him as a man and the courageous way in which he handled his illness as I have for him as a footballer.

http://www.celticfc.net/

I saw that today, & was saddened. I was 5 when Celtic won the European Cup, and after reading all about it in my brother's Christmas soccer annual, I'm afraid I succumbed to the temptation of glory-hunting and became the youngest (the only) Celtic fan in my East Sussex infants school.

We've lost a few good 'uns lately, on all sides of the border.

Just watched the "Jinky final" 3-0 to celtic , great game but even better it was in the wee mans honour, funeral was on friday over 20,000 on the streets to pay there respects , was also good to c there was loads of rangers scaffs and some of the rangers players/managers (old and present) went to his funeral ,