Malfunctioning BMW

adamrawling

Reaction score
Fooking hell - read about what happened to this bloke.

Linky

His accelerator jammed whilst on the motorway. Once he burned his brakes out trying to stop, the car reached 135mph. He was on the phone to the police throughout.

Is this a load of ******?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

One thing I don't understand: why did he try to phone the AA? What would they be able to do?

Looking at his photo, he looks a bit of a weirdo.
"I was in tears most of the time" - class /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

i thought turning the engine off by the key would that not off helped???

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as he was on a straight, you would have thought so wouldn't you...

as for asking him to use his hazzards, which part of "BMW" did the police not understand?

Surely, if ur brakes fail at 70mph and ur car is accelerating upto speeds of 130mph by itself, how can u possibly have the composure to sit there, find ur mobile fone and ring the ****** AA and then the police? Wouldn't u be too busy panicking and trying to avoid crashing? And not to mention that it would have taken him a few minutes just to get thru to the AA, selecting the right options etc etc. Hmmm, think he might be exagerrating a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as he was on a straight, you would have thought so wouldn't you...

as for asking him to use his hazzards, which part of "BMW" did the police not understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he got flashed by a camera paniced and came up with a good story to cover it ? he might be on 9points! who knows , and yes i go with the rest i would have have just switch of the engine ,
Actualy had this problem many years ago with a M..A.N. truck some smart **** desinger in germany ran the accelerater cable right across the front grill and when water gets into it just add the freezing cold then add the wind chill in frozen the cable freezes up in the "on" position!
so the truck has a instant "cruise control!!" just had to dump the clutch roll on to hard shoulder and switch off engine
PS the official FIX was to get a syring fill it with anti freeze and drip it down the cable!
who says germans dont have a sense of humour ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

read it on here thought cant be true, then saw it on the news on tv, was shocked

I had an incident with a Merc a few years back where the cruise control jammed the pedal to the floor, the only way to stop was to switch the ignition off and let the car roll to a stop... there was nothing else to do as the brakes could not slow the car against the engine!

Had to call the AA out to disconnect the control rod to the throttle body...

I have to say it is very scary when it happens!!

i presume it was an auto? why not turn off ignition or ram it into Park or Neutral????????

Bit far fetched, he looked like he was smaked off his tits on the news..

I was thinking the same thing Rich, why didn't he just pop it into neutral and coast into the inside and stop. The dumb flute.

My missus rekons, he couldnt afford payments for the car so's to do an insurance job.

LOL

Quote from article - "He tried to put the car into neutral but the gears were jammed"

Quote from article - "He tried to put the car into neutral but the gears were jammed"

utter cr*p

hydrolick valve body wouldnt stop lever from moving the guys dreaming or on a fiddle!!

Seems a bit dodgy to me

It's not exactly rocket science to take the keys out

Wouldn't take the keys out, steering wheel lock issue!

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't take the keys out, steering wheel lock issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ermmmmm, how the **** did he miss all the traffic on the motorway then, some dumbass wouldnt have moved outta the way..

you'd only have to switch off of a second, so as long as you didnt turn the steering wheel, you could turn back to the 1st position without any probs - wasnt he on a motorway? Guy prob just panicked.

I bet the fat gay looking fiddling barsteward would have got the f--king thing to stop if he spotted a dunkin dognuts shop next to the motorway, hope he gets banned as he looks like he could do with losing some weight, GET A BIKE DUMB ***

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the fat gay looking fiddling barsteward would have got the f--king thing to stop if he spotted a dunkin dognuts shop next to the motorway, hope he gets banned as he looks like he could do with losing some weight, GET A BIKE DUMB ***

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif - Mint.....

more like his gut got wedge onto the badboy cruise control stork

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think TDI needs to put some new pictures in the TT area....you sound a little frustrated my friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

CJ B6 2.0 you might have something there as my mates said i had bad attitude at the weekend up the pub, the bloke is a fat sod though you gotta agree

The tw*t had plenty of options..
and then, what i cant get my head around.

The lowest speed he was going 70mph....... If he hit a roundabout head-on at this speed. Surley he would be finished?... but no, he escaped un harmed.

Then... he took his foot off the accelerator but it didnt slow down. Was he doing 135 to start with?

BMW and the police have now looked his car over and have stated that there is nothing wrong with the car that would have caused this fault

[ QUOTE ]
So what happens to him, if nowt then its a ****** good excuse if you get caught speeding just floor it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have missed a bit of the post HES A BMW DRIVER , its ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Good job bmw have there own special lane, did i read that the police told him to put his hazard warning lights on surely even the police know thats not even on the options list bmw's can only flash there head lights when in there lane.

Fallmonk can you post more posts mate my eyes are bulging here looking at your avatar picture tittie thing

[ QUOTE ]
Fallmonk can you post more posts mate my eyes are bulging here looking at your avatar picture tittie thing

[/ QUOTE ]

The futures bright the futures 36DD boobies! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

she is a little orange isnt she, lol

now that just looks weird.

Now if you can just make that into a screensaver...