Went to photgraph some mates racing this weekend.

Charlies604

Reaction score
Heres a few pics from Coombe Sydenham in somerset.
Good ol bit of winter MTB racing! Was flippin freeezin!

SlimSequence.jpg

AJcoloursmall.jpg

NoShoes.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

Great photos..........fall looked like a sore one ouch!!!!!!!!

nice shots - whats the camera? some neat PS work on the background in pic 2?

Nice photos,

The third one down looks a tad painful though.

Yeah had a play with PS, never really done much in it before so thought Id try sumthin new!

Camera is a Nikon D50, took 400 pics in the end!
But just gettin used to the camera, only had it a few months.

I felt sooo sorry for the guy that went over the bars... i knew he was goin a good 5-10 seconds before it happened, picked the wrong line. I felt real bad stood there snapping away! Where have his shoes gone tho?

good choise Charlie, bought a D50 myself just a few weeks back.. with the 18-70 dx lens rather than the kit lens.. was impressed enough with the results to go back and start developing an expensive hobby.. further additions in last three weeks have included the SB800 Speedlight, 50 - 300 Zoom lens (cheap one but fun) circular polarizing filter, decent tripod, quick collapse monopod, new case, some DSLR books and mags, and am contemplating booking the full course at this place http://www.thephotographyschool.co.uk/ .. have caught the bug bad but am loving it!

oh i almost bought the D50 (and also the 350D) and went for the minolta 5D in the end, I hope i dont regret it the Nikon and the Canon are very popular. I cant wait to get it what ever it is it's gonna be mile better than the sony i have at the moment shutter lag is the bane of my life at the moment

The D50 is wikid... it produces amazing shots with minimal work!

Iv caught the bug so bad Im leavin my first year mechanical engineering degree as i dont want to spend my life shuffling papers!
I want to travel and take photos! ARrrgghhh... best hope it works out!

I've been looking at the D50, and may be purchasing one in the not to distant future, does it have any annoying features? I've had a long play with the D70 and everyone seems to say basically the D50 is cheaper and better in most ways?

Its a good size compared to things like the 350d from cannon.
I cant think of any major issues i have with it tho.

If you aint had a DSLR b4 you'll be amazed at what it can do!