Recommended PAYG providers?

wolfie138

Reaction score
as the title says.
i'm on vodafone at the mo, but it turns out the 30p call/14p text rate is pretty shtty (i just got the sim/phone to have for emergencies, only been using it a lot lately due to family health issues). the other issue is the credit expires if you don't use it, which has caught me out in the past. been to a couple of review sites and there seems the usual flood of positive and negative for everything so i thought i'd ask here instead of trawling through tons of other sht.
i'm looking for decent coverage, rates and preferably non-expiring credit. be using phone and text, internetting will be extremely doubtful, overseas usage not an issue unless i get back to the USA in the future - the way money is, that don't seem likely :-D
TIA

EE has good coverage, my sister uses that on payg as she rarely uses a mobile phone. When she puts in £10 credit, she converts it to a smart pack which gives her 400 texts and 100 minutes for a month. If she just tops up normally and doesnt convert it dont run out. I will ask her how much she pays per text.

Yep, go for Giff Gaff.

3 are also worth a look for their sim only deals.

I'm on EE at the moment and can't wait to get off the contract (july!).
Terrible reception everywhere.

I'm with vodafone, sim only, £20 a month, unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 1gb internet, good coverage.