Isn't 4WD wicked!

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of snow with me today. Neihbours strugling to get out of their drives and I just sail past them like there's no problem!

Excellent stuff!

Yep we've not got any at the moment, but last time we did my road was like an ice rink with people leaving there cars at the end of the road etc, my S3 seemed to accelerate like normal(ish) even when I gave the accelerator a good prod in 1st most fun, if it snows down here when my cars back I'll be looking for a big empty car park for some fun!

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of snow with me today. Neihbours strugling to get out of their drives and I just sail past them like there's no problem!

Excellent stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna miss the Quattro when it's gone Rich, what you thinking of replacing it with?

I'm not 100% sure yet Joe but the shortlist is:-

Seat Leon FR+ 150Bhp (The one with the cupra r kit)
Audi A4 (B6) TDI Sport
Audi A3 2.0TDi Sport.

Any comments? Should I be looking at something else?

Rich.

mine had a bit of trouble on the ice today, it seems that esp on/off 1st/2nd or reverse, quattro just cant handle zero grip.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

never mind, not everything can be 100% perfect...

Just watching the ice melt now so I can get to my favourite car park (urr ice rink) tonight to try out my 4w drift technique in the deeper snow a few miles from me.. (it`ll be my first time!!!)

Yep dicky, all that economy wont get you moving in snowy conditions.. and all that diesel torque will keep your wheels spinning..

I think we should startup a fund whereby any driver who cant afford to run the S3 can tap in and use it to buy fuel, now would Gordon Brown be interested ?

p.s. Dicky, keep it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, a friend of mine had his BMW compact out today and was showing off to my sister in law..

Basically her txt said that his car was getting stuck everywhere, wouldnt pull off, had to be pushed, etc....

BM's eh!

Mind you at least he left his house today!! (Garaged!!)

But with the diesel you just let it pull offat tickover, plenty torque to get you going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well thats what I did in my A3 the last time we had a dump.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
mine had a bit of trouble on the ice today, it seems that esp on/off 1st/2nd or reverse, quattro just cant handle zero grip.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

never mind, not everything can be 100% perfect...

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting I found my car pretty amazing in situations where there were polished ice surfaces on my road although I have no ESP nor want it so I guess that helps as it doesn't actually cut the power just moves it about.

Im sure in the handbook it advises switching the ESP off in icey snowy conditions.