New York, New York

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Well i'm off to NY on wednesday, hope the snow doesn't delay my flight.

I think i'll try and pick up some x-box 360 goodies too.

Nice one mate! Enjoy i'm sure you'll have a great time! Wish i was going my sister lives in Manhatten Island.
Safe trip buddy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Have fun, I was there in October, love it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Cool, i would suggest getting a grey line tour in the first couple of days as it lets you know where everything is so then you dont waste time hunting yourself.

New York is excellent.

If you got the dosh do a helicopter trip A1
Don’t bother going to the statue of liberty, as you can't go up.
Walking through the park will take about 2-3hrs with all the stopping and starting but worth it.
Don't bother going on the horse and cart by the park as it only takes in a fraction of the park.
Take the subway to china town or a yellow cab and walk up to time square if your going shopping as your find lots of little shop on the way selling some great stuff.
Take a cab to the other side of Brooklyn Bridge and walk back is a great walk at night.
Food in time square isn’t all that best to walk around the out skirts and find some of the rest rants and bars as they do great food especially for breakfast.

In all its a great place and remember to haggle for your stuff as nothing is what it is priced at its all negotiable unlike Dixon or Curry’s here.

I hired a bike and cycled round/through Central Park - it was cool although some areas were supposed to be bike free! I would definitely recommend doing this - it was bigger than I thought!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If you want electronic goodies go find B&H.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Benson & Hedges? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

No a gadet store run by hisidic (sp) Jews. It's four floors full of fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There are gadgets you never knew existed!

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
No a gadet store run by hisidic (sp) Jews. It's four floors full of fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There are gadgets you never knew existed!

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where abouts is it Kev.

IIRC go south from Madison Square gardens and hang a right. You can't miss it, it's HUGE and yellow.

Kev.

EDIT: As Doc says, take the heli trip too - more than worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
Dont forget to post your pictures when you come back

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with my camera BB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pretty good, done all the usual tourist stuff, 5th ave, ground zero (very eerie and sad), statue of liberty, empire state.

Very easy to get around there and the buildings are amazing.

Do i have to be boring and post pics....

Dan YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS loads of tatties please no buildings just tatties phhhhrrroooaarrrr wooooo hoooo