Pistorius trial

Av4nt

Reaction score
So aside from the jokes...anybody been keeping up with this trial or not?

I have watched it everyday so far. Really is getting interesting in alot of ways.
At its current stage, I believe he is guilty but there is still a while to go.

Thoughts?

After watching how reactive his personality was at the Olympic games in London when he was beaten in the sprint race to be honest I think he's likely the kind of guy who doesn't take bad news well.

Some people who have been prepared to put that level of commitment into an activity (e.g. to overcome a disability to become a world champion sport-person) are likely to have a pretty determined perspective on life, and may find when they are confronted with things that don't sit within their grand plan that it's too much for them to tolerate. I do hope this is not the case, but the fact of the matter is that this 'mistake' has effectively negated pretty much everything he strived for as I don't think he'll ever shrug it off whether he walks or not. I'm not going to play judge and jury, but on balance the facts don't look too promising.

Puns excused Warren!! :)

I have been catching up on bits when I can, it is interesting, but apparently he does have a temper and as already said, it doesnt look like he is the type to take bad news lightly.

Reactions: warren_S5
Oops! You know what I mean.

Indeed good points. And a bad temper mixed with his apparent like for guns isnt such a good thing clearly. OFc there are a million different stories that could be thrown into it but as it stands I personally think they have had an argument, shes run into the toilet to get away from him and thats blown him up into a rage and alas what took place. a shame whatever the outcome giving both their reputations.

As for the first twi witnesses...they got destroyed in the box lol

Indeed good points. And a bad temper mixed with his apparent like for guns isnt such a good thing clearly. OFc there are a million different stories that could be thrown into it but as it stands I personally think they have had an argument, shes run into the toilet to get away from him and thats blown him up into a rage and alas what took place. a shame whatever the outcome giving both their reputations. As for the first twi witnesses...they got destroyed in the box lol
thats the most likely explanation. can't stand his theatrics with his repeated vomiting in court.

I haven't been following it, but when my father in law mentioned that you don't just go around your house with a gun, I said, in South Africa you probably shoot first and ask questions later. Having known a few people from SA that have been shot at and burgled, tied up and beaten up in their own home, it's not really a country where you pussy foot around. It's kill or be killed, by the sounds of it.

From the little bits I've heard on the radio, it sounds like the police are their dodgy selves handling the weapon without gloves on and the witnesses are being dragged up from any old street corner.

Indeed its gun central in SA. but surely you would check on your GF first to make sure she was safe and then do whatever to get out. After continued watching of the trial so far, despite the SA police horrendous forensic skills and debauchery of the scene.... he's still guilty imo. His solicitor barry roux however, will be the one to get him off if anyone.

thats what i don't get - its no question he's killed his girlfriend - so surely manslaughter at the least?

trial runs through to april. Hes up for Murder premeditated, firing a gun in public x2 and possession of illegal ammo. whether he gets found not guilty of premed murder and guilty on manslaughter instead who knows.

Last year there was a similar event in SA, family went to bed. The daughter was staying out but came home instead, drunk making lots of noise and the father shot her dead fearing for his families life not thinking It was his daughter.
I think it is hard for anyone to imagine living in SA, you get a hint of what it would be like when you have to live in gated communities, sleep with weapons in your home and live with security bars on your house windows.
I don't think it's fair to comment on what happened cause it may be murder or it maybe just be an accident.
What I find shocking is the way it's even been broadcast in the first place, that after paddy power. I think there advertisement and what thy did was just unbelievable and shocking.

its perfectly fair to have an opinion on the trial, along with any other trial. nothing wrong with it being televised at all imo either. rather watch that than ****** eastenders...

I can't disagree with that lol

Reactions: Av4nt
Mind you if east enders runs true to fashion...there will be a similar plot in it at the next Christmas special im sure... lol 0_o

I hope not. If eastenders do it then they will all be doing it.

I genuinely believe he murdered his girlfriend in cold blood..