Possible issue with an eBay bidder

Andy Crooks

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Basically long story short I put this item on eBay http://bit.ly/1kDh8Yu and it ended today (Friday 7th) at 14.51pm and the item is collection only from Worcester he bid the £50 and won he is from Glasgow and it is now 23.35pm and still no payment or contact from him! What should I do?
  • eBay message him to ask him what's he doing as it would cost him more than he paid for it for him to come and collect or
  • simply relist the item on eBay for his time wasting or
  • Wait another day before making contact with him
If he didn't see that it was collection only then he could have messages to say sorry didn't notice that it was collection only

help appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to give him a reasonable time to contact you. It doesn't say in the advert payment must be made on the same day.
I have sold plenty of things on Ebay and had people take a day or two to pay. slightly annoying but it means they have to wait to receive it.
You will need to raise a case to reclaim the final value fee if he doesn't pay.
I would contact him asking him when he would like to collect the item. I have had a case once where the person who bought an item off me didn't collect it. He was a relative and he actually lived about 200 miles from me. But the person who collected the item didn't have an Ebay account.
Does the projector actually work ? . Ad looks very spartan you may have had more interest if there was a picture of it working.

Karl.

I sold a big table to a bloke from North Yorkshire,that was a collect in person item,he duly obliged

Reactions: s3dave
I sold a chest of drawers for £21 not so long back. I'm In York and the guy was from Somerset who picked them up in person. Will have cost more in travel than for the item.
I always message straight away thanking for winning, give them my contact phone number and ask to ring to arrange collection, I then message daily for 5 days, if no contact open a unpaid item and either relist or second chance offer.

Cheers chaps, I've messages him asking him about payment and collection no response yet but it's early still for a Saturday so I'll see what happens and if no response I'll message him tomorrow etc

Yeah man give him time, he could be working away/on shifts i usually give people 3 days then inquire..
im doing a 200 mile round trip in 30 mins getting something from ebay i won last sunday...obv been in contact throughout.

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
Ebay suggests waiting 2 days for payment -

When should I pay?

All sellers appreciate quick payment and most only dispatch after receiving payment, so it's good to pay as soon as you win or buy an item. You can pay by clicking the Pay now button in the email notification or in the listing. The seller will be paid and will know to send your item immediately. Otherwise, we recommend paying within 2 days of the sale. Some sellers include information on when they expect to be paid in their listings.

Andi.

Still no payment made or contact made so I have opened an eBay dispute with the *****

What's the sellers history like.....Good reputation? Much feedback?

I always like to snoop on who I'm buying from and selling too- just a percentage is not good enough as some people mark maximum 5 stars regardless. Other buyers/sellers may have commented in the past that the person takes a while to pay or is not great with communication. I know it's not an excuse for why they are taking so long- but at least it will feel less personal towards what you have sold and more 'that's the usual way they do business'.

I sold my first item ever on ebay the other week.

I am still waiting on feedback from them- but have been in regular contact with my first customer and he seems happy with the product :)

Stories like this put me off listing again though - "treat those how you want to be treated" is how I go about things- shame not everyone has that same view.

I used to think eBay was alright, but in the last couple of years it just seems to have become a den of iniquity. More charlatans and counterfeiters than honest decent sellers.

Now I will buy from private sellers if they have good history are UK based, and the photos / recent feedback seems genuine, but I've stopped selling on there recently following 2 instances of buyers stating the boxes of the items arrived damaged and was I willing to reduce the price. In both cases I offered a full return / refund and interestingly neither has followed up on it (possibly a new kind of fraud???).

I will now happily pay online or high street prices from any reputable seller, I'll only head to eBay as a last resort (irrespective of how good their support services are).

He has positive history no neutral feedback or negative it is all 100% comments are that he pays quick and has good communications

ill give you 25