• 2 Post By s3dave
  • 1 Post By s3dave

Thread: Possible issue with an eBay bidder

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook

Possible issue with an eBay bidder

Basically long story short I put this item on eBay http://bit.ly/1kDh8Yu and it ended today (Friday 7th) at 14.51pm and the item is collection only from Worcester he bid the £50 and won he is from Glasgow and it is now 23.35pm and still no payment or contact from him! What should I do?
    • eBay message him to ask him what's he doing as it would cost him more than he paid for it for him to come and collect or
    • simply relist the item on eBay for his time wasting or
    • Wait another day before making contact with him
    If he didn't see that it was collection only then he could have messages to say sorry didn't notice that it was collection only

help appreciated
    Last edited by voorhees; 8th March 2014 at 08:02.
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    You have to give him a reasonable time to contact you. It doesn't say in the advert payment must be made on the same day.
    I have sold plenty of things on Ebay and had people take a day or two to pay. slightly annoying but it means they have to wait to receive it.
    You will need to raise a case to reclaim the final value fee if he doesn't pay.
    I would contact him asking him when he would like to collect the item. I have had a case once where the person who bought an item off me didn't collect it. He was a relative and he actually lived about 200 miles from me. But the person who collected the item didn't have an Ebay account.
    Does the projector actually work ? . Ad looks very spartan you may have had more interest if there was a picture of it working.

Karl.
    Karls 312bhp A4 3.0 TDI build thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4...ld-thread.html

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Yh I was going to give him a few days and yh it does work as I tested it 2 months ago and it's hardly been used anyway

Status
    I sold a big table to a bloke from North Yorkshire,that was a collect in person item,he duly obliged
    s3dave likes this.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    I sold a chest of drawers for £21 not so long back. I'm In York and the guy was from Somerset who picked them up in person. Will have cost more in travel than for the item.
    I always message straight away thanking for winning, give them my contact phone number and ask to ring to arrange collection, I then message daily for 5 days, if no contact open a unpaid item and either relist or second chance offer.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Cheers chaps, I've messages him asking him about payment and collection no response yet but it's early still for a Saturday so I'll see what happens and if no response I'll message him tomorrow etc

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Yeah man give him time, he could be working away/on shifts i usually give people 3 days then inquire..
    im doing a 200 mile round trip in 30 mins getting something from ebay i won last sunday...obv been in contact throughout.
    Sandra and 45bvtc like this.

Neutral

Status
    Ebay suggests waiting 2 days for payment -

When should I pay?

All sellers appreciate quick payment and most only dispatch after receiving payment, so it's good to pay as soon as you win or buy an item. You can pay by clicking the Pay now button in the email notification or in the listing. The seller will be paid and will know to send your item immediately. Otherwise, we recommend paying within 2 days of the sale. Some sellers include information on when they expect to be paid in their listings.

Andi.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks guys, I haven't had message today from him so will see what tomorrow brings

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Still no contact or payment getting rather grumpy now

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Still no payment made or contact made so I have opened an eBay dispute with the prick

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Crooks View Post
    Still no payment made or contact made so I have opened an eBay dispute with the prick
    What's the sellers history like.....Good reputation? Much feedback?

I always like to snoop on who I'm buying from and selling too- just a percentage is not good enough as some people mark maximum 5 stars regardless. Other buyers/sellers may have commented in the past that the person takes a while to pay or is not great with communication. I know it's not an excuse for why they are taking so long- but at least it will feel less personal towards what you have sold and more 'that's the usual way they do business'.

I sold my first item ever on ebay the other week.

I am still waiting on feedback from them- but have been in regular contact with my first customer and he seems happy with the product

Stories like this put me off listing again though - "treat those how you want to be treated" is how I go about things- shame not everyone has that same view.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Status
    I used to think eBay was alright, but in the last couple of years it just seems to have become a den of iniquity. More charlatans and counterfeiters than honest decent sellers.

Now I will buy from private sellers if they have good history are UK based, and the photos / recent feedback seems genuine, but I've stopped selling on there recently following 2 instances of buyers stating the boxes of the items arrived damaged and was I willing to reduce the price. In both cases I offered a full return / refund and interestingly neither has followed up on it (possibly a new kind of fraud???).

I will now happily pay online or high street prices from any reputable seller, I'll only head to eBay as a last resort (irrespective of how good their support services are).
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

He has positive history no neutral feedback or negative it is all 100% comments are that he pays quick and has good communications

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    There are a lot of overseas sellers that say they are from the uk too, that needs sorting out...
    Andy Crooks likes this.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    ill give you 25