Recommendation for small paintwork repairs

fxcreation

Reaction score
After having owned my new Q3 for 2weeks, some idiot decided to scratch my car leaving a 2p coin size scratch mark just by my fuel flap :sos:. It's a glacier white paint so I'm concerned the repairs will show up.

What would you guys recommend: smart repair by the road side or bring to the body-shop (most likely of the same mobile repair one). Also anyone has recommendations for repairs if this sort for in or around London? I don't mind driving out for a good repairer.

Also how long does these kind if repairs take? Considering the small size etc.

Scratch

Last edited:
2 week old Q3, couple of things to bear in mind. If you take it back to Audi, it's going to cost a few quid more, but your new'ish car will still retain it's manufacturer's paint warranty, which I would suggest you get in writing.
I would avoid smart repairs, ok if you plan to sell the car a few weeks later, but for long term, I'd stick with a bodyshop repair.

Avoid smart repairs like the plague, & you will be without your car for three days at any decent body shop.

I'm based in London near the end of Westway near Edgware Rd. so if anyone knows of a good company / bodyshop etc, please let me know.

I don't mind SMART repairs painting or bodyshop, so long as the paint preps and paint properly, i.e. actually let the paint cures before the next coat etc. Personally I'd prefer the SMART route as it's the least inconvenience.