Just seen an accident...

audi5e

Reaction score
Website
www.simplybirding.com
Was out just now visiting a friend, came around a corner and there in the middle of the road was a newish Citi Golf (you guys would know it as the old M1 Golf, except these are modernised a bit and sold new) flipped over onto its roof with the two occupants busy climbing out the windows... stopped my car to check if they were all right... a bit shaken obviously, but fortunately no major injuries. I am glad I did not pull off from the traffic light too quickly as they were only two cars in front of me. Classical music has it's uses... :)

I think what had happened, is these youngsters went around the corner a bit fast, hit some sand in the road, washed there by recent rains, had the back of the car spin out on them, tried to correct and ended up hiting the kerb and flipping the car onto it's roof...

I thought nobody stopped for anything in South Africa unless your armed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Glad they were ok, my 1st car was a MK1 Golf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I thought nobody stopped for anything in South Africa unless your armed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Glad they were ok, my 1st car was a MK1 Golf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I the car hadn't been sitting on it's roof with the two characters busy climbing out (and another guy also stopped), I would have driven off. The risk of being attacked is too high.

If you have a look at the below site, it should bring back some memories (just more modern):
http://www.volkswagen.co.za/models/model_detail.jsp?modelName=citiGolf

Also the motors are different. The originals used to have 1100cc, 1300cc, 1600cc and 1800cc. Most of those were carburettor fuelled (we did not get the GTi till much later). The newer ones are using fuel injection systems developed by one of the local universities... They changed the lights front and back, and upgraded the suspensions and brakes. You have aleady seen the interior changes...
I suppose it is a fine little car for a student.... rather have my C4 shape Audi though... :)