I'm baffled!!!

Reaction score
I think I am pretty good at keeping abreast of my boys in order to guide them as they grow up. Two years ago I taught myself Twitter when my 8 year old returned from school and said the class had an account...but lately I am loosing the plot!

He is currently into Yu-Gi-Oh, which is some kind of Japanese card game. It seems like a great idea because it make the kids read each of the cards and teaches them to work out strategies for winning....but I'm totally clueless. He's tried to teach me and I was lost within the first few minutes. He keeps on asking people for cards as present; the last set I had imported, but I don't understand why he needs anymore when you only require 80 cards to play against an opponent.

Anybody have any idea how the heck this game works. I've asked the wife who has also played with him a few times and she's totally clueless too!!! For now I have decided I am not going to buy him anymore because he must have at last 5 pack worth!!!

Haha the joys of parenting:salute:

My eldest who's now 26 was into pokemon,i too was clueless how it worked!I bought him some top trumps......much easier:laugh:

Last edited:
Lol, I think it's important that we just try and look like we know what we are doing. It wasn't so long ago, my kid was asking me for tips on how to do this and that, but these days, he can teach me a thing or two. His current trend is Match Attax cards, he told me that there are special cards every 10 packs, and a 100 club every 30.2 packs? So I went and purchased 31 packs from the same box that evening. But I only give one to him once he has done his homework, works a treat! He finally got his 100 club card(Van Percie, and thank god!) after 25 packs! He still has one pack left for tomorrow, and I'm no buying anymore..... he needs 30 odd cards left to complete the collection, which he can exchange with school mates with the excess cards he has.

Reactions: Nilz
Lol, I think it's important that we just try and look like we know what we are doing. It wasn't so long ago, my kid was asking me for tips on how to do this and that, but these days, he can teach me a thing or two. His current trend is Match Attax cards, he told me that there are special cards every 10 packs, and a 100 club every 30.2 packs? So I went and purchased 31 packs from the same box that evening. But I only give one to him once he has done his homework, works a treat! He finally got his 100 club card(Van Percie, and thank god!) after 25 packs! He still has one pack left for tomorrow, and I'm no buying anymore..... he needs 30 odd cards left to complete the collection, which he can exchange with school mates with the excess cards he has.

Haha the joys of parenting:salute:

My eldest who's now 26 was into pokemon,i too was clueless how it worked!I bought him some top trumps......much easier:laugh:

So true...and why are so many cards rare or super-rare??!!? Makes me laugh.

He is also into Match Attax, although he hasn't got that many. About three years ago he almost had the entire collection, took the book into school and it got stolen. Even now he tells me he know who's taken it and will get it back...funny, I still haven't seen it yet!!! KIDS

You longing for the day he comes for advise with the ladies lol then you'll be pulling your hair out about becoming a grand parent lol

Haha, i've got all of this to come!!

Mine isnt any sort of collection at the moment, but I can see it happening soon.

It is crazy though, as although he is only 4 and a half, he is now teaching me how to do things on games on my phone or the PS3!!

My 4 year old can navigate my iphone or iPad and go to the games get wants. The problem is he can't read at the moment, so sometimes he clicks on everything loading up the in-game adverts. But then he just shuts the advert down and goes back to the game!

Reactions: Nilz