Anyone into Carp Fishing?

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
Bit random, but as Fishing is supposed to be so poular nowadays I thought I would ask. Its a bit nippy at the moment but I am still sneaking out for a few hours at the weekends!
Anyone else bitten by the bug?

I am into Pike Fishing but dont get out as much as i use to ...we have loads of good waters here with monster pike so its a good day out.......

I hate fishing BUT there is a good fishing programme on talk sport on sundays in the morning, not sure what time but its about 6 or 7 in the morning.

might sound stupid, always wanted to go, but what do you do with the fish after ?

take it home and cook it or put it back into the river ?

Love Carp fishing, just don't get the chance to go at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hopefully might get a few sessions in over the summer...

Used to be, but I can never find the time at the moment. So I ended up selling all of my gear as it was sitting about doing nothing.

Wish I had kept some of it now though. As I had the rods made for me and they had a lovely action on them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rob, I'm a massive carp fishing fan, but unfortunately with kids/work etc I don't get to go nearly as much as I'd like, probably only 3 or 4 times a year in fact. If I was a single care-free guy I'd probably go 3 or 4 times a month! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You're quite close to me, I live near Bromley (up the A21) and I work in Tunbridge Wells. Where abouts round here do you go carp fishing?

In the past I've been to Frant Lakes, Bury Hill, Tanyards, Furnace Lakes ... and some others I can't remember. My UK PB is 22lb 10oz, but last year on hols in France I had 3 twenties out in one morning, the biggest of which was a whopper that broke my landing net and 30lb scales, though I reckon it was around 29lbs.

My 7 year old son is just starting to be keen (with a little encouragement of course), so I'm hoping to get out on the bank more this year and take him along with me. He's already got his own gear!

(Yeah, yeah ... I know we're saddo's!!)

Mike

Am a member of a little club in Paddock Wood. Its quite easy in the summer and there are plenty of doubles to be had. My best is only 18llb at the moment but I think they go up to 30 odd. So must try harder!
It has been a bit of a chore getting grief of the wife for dissapearing off every weekend so have to be sensible now and havent been as often.
Its only about £70 for the year to join and I pop in most evening in the summer to grab a few off the surface with mixers.
I would love to go to France, but the wife wont do camping so tough there I guess.

You have to put the fish back Rick, but its the catching part thats fun. (Please no fish torturer taunts, get that off my vegetarian wife!)

Markb you should get some gear it is so cheap now compared to when I was younger. You could get set up for under £200!

[ QUOTE ]
Markb you should get some gear it is so cheap now compared to when I was younger. You could get set up for under £200!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the problem with me is that I always buy the best no matter what I do so it would cost me a fortune again.

I assume that the Shimano Bait Runners are still £150 odd? Then rods £150 ish for a decent one? The list and the bill goes on...

Yeah nothing changes there but if you are only gonig out now and again you can get a good fishing outfit for a good price ............

so come on Guys were are the Pics of the fish................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

36.25lbs from the St Lawrence in 2002 (my first carp for 20 years!)
June200236.jpg

DJ

I can't quite beat it, but here's my current PB (from France, where they don't grow as big as the St Lawrence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif - that's my excuse anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

As stated previously, it broke my cheap 30lb max scales, but I reckon it was about 29 ish. Sorry about the poor picture quality, it was taken by a frenchman who happened to be passing ...

My Carp

I can't work out how to find the URL to the actual pic using yahoo photos, so a link will have to do.

Rob, what's the name of the club in Paddock Wood? Have they got a website, or know where I could find any info - sounds ideal for short summer sessions after work.

Mike

Nice Fish ........Having a hunt about to show some mean looking pike have to scan them though

If you like carp fishing, then check out this site ...

The Carp Forum

.. I recently discovered it and now I'm "hooked". In fact it's on a par with this place as far as great forums go. Loads of tips and advice on your local waters etc.

Cheers

Mike