AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JUS3IN

Thread: anyone here on monsterfishkeepers?

silver sleeper

Status

anyone here on monsterfishkeepers?

hey all, my other hobbies inc xbox, my dogs, motorcycles and my 300 gallon fishtank!-) anyone else here into large tropical fish, im keeping large cichlids and catfish!-)
    Ghost likes this.
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boo!

Status
    Iv not kept a fish tank for a few years, but it’s always fantastic to see a well set-out tank.

Do you have a black devil cat.. ( title of vid) how big is it?

Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by Ghost; 8th February 2014 at 11:46.

1st Gear

Status
    Nice vid and agree like the tank layout, never thought of slate tiles as a substrate, certainly beats bare bottom which I used to do a lot.

Was that a crenicichla and aegeneious i saw in there? Was never a fan on the more agresive cichlids.

I've had a fair few tanks when I was younger. I had a RTG arowana, fire and 2 tyre track eels, a lot of bichirs, a few rays, african pikes(one of my favs) wolf fish, few rays and my favourite was my electric eel.

silver sleeper

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Iv not kept a fish tank for a few years, but it’s always fantastic to see a well set-out tank.

Do you have a black devil cat.. ( title of vid) how big is it?

Thanks for sharing
    yeah, he is 15 inch now! im surprised he hasnt wiped out the tank with their reputation (one of the most aggressive fresh water fish, period)... there are more videos of him on my youtube page if your interested?

justin phillips MFK - YouTube
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

silver sleeper

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_TDi View Post
    Nice vid and agree like the tank layout, never thought of slate tiles as a substrate, certainly beats bare bottom which I used to do a lot.

Was that a crenicichla and aegeneious i saw in there? Was never a fan on the more agresive cichlids.

I've had a fair few tanks when I was younger. I had a RTG arowana, fire and 2 tyre track eels, a lot of bichirs, a few rays, african pikes(one of my favs) wolf fish, few rays and my favourite was my electric eel.
    nah it wasnt a pike cichlid but a giant snakehead, he isnt in there now as he was killed... by the butti or wyckii i think but cant be sure.

and aegeneious im not familiar with, google shows no results, do you mean vieja argentia? if so there wasnt any argentia in that video but a blackbelt and synspilum... alot of these fish i have sold now due to the blackdevils (wyckii catfish) aggression, current stock is;

15 inch wyckii
    2x 10 inch oscars, red and albino red
    midas 12inch and 9 inch pair
    festae 9inch and 7 inch
    butti 10 inch
    suncat 12 inch
    sailfin 12 inch+
    l001 plec 8 inch

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry should of googled the spelling, I meant Ageneiosus. But now you've said the stock list it's the Suncat, fairly similar body shape to the Ageneiosus family.

hah, didn't recognise the snake head as a youngster, I had a couple of giants briefly which were 14" a piece.

Wyckii certainly have a bad rep, got a mate in surrey that has a species tank with one.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    I used to have one, only pet I have at the moment is a 300 litre tank with 2 yellow bellied terrapins in, but they have pretty much out grown it
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room