I hope this guy isn't a member of ASN - Audi Driver and cyclist dispute

I can see why the comments have been disabled

i don't get why cyclists have those areas at the traffic lights in front of the queuing traffic at the lights

I could rant all day about the wrongs in that video and cyclists in general, but whilst the audi driver was a idiot initially that cyclist deserved chinning for sinking to that drivers level.

Reactions: sliced
The idea of the box is for a cyclist turning right to get across at the lights without having to move into oncoming moving traffic. The fact that the cyclists were riding two abreast is in breach of the highway code. As is the car entering the box.

Both were very much in the wrong, the cyclist should not have gone to the window and been agressive and the passenger should definately not have punched him - 2 wrongs do not make a right.

I'm a cyclist and a petrolhead and can see both sides of the argument but in either case they are both examples of people.

Reactions: Andy Crooks, geforce189 and Alex C
I'm a cyclist and I think that cyclist brought it on himself. He should have just kept his mouth shut and carried on. In London bikes and cars don't mix.

The idea of the box is for a cyclist turning right to get across at the lights without having to move into oncoming moving traffic. The fact that the cyclists were riding two abreast is in breach of the highway code. As is the car entering the box.

ah ok. So is the etiquette that if a cyclist isn't turning right that he doesn't sit his bike in front of the car and rather to wait beside the car like the cyclist with the head cam did?

ah ok. So is the etiquette that if a cyclist isn't turning right that he doesn't sit his bike in front of the car and rather to wait beside the car like the cyclist with the head cam did?

essentially yes. Why the hell would you want to get in front of something that is made of harder materials, weighs 20-30 times as much as you and can out accelerate you ? Some cyclists just have no common sense it seems.

Hahahaaaa look at him cycling like a maniac in his gay little shoes and tweed coat.

This is why London is gay
and A7s are gay too

This is what i think. That cyclist took the **** with 'this is my special box'

Reactions: geforce189
the problem with some cyclists are is that soon as they get on a bike they think their training for the olympics. some of them have this thick arrogant attitude that all should move out their way and they are superior. especially if they got lycra and a carbon bike. its harder to survive your innocence around them. to be frank, i would have run him over just for banging on my window... (i ride more than i drive btw)

My pet hate is cyclists especially around my roads when they all converge on a Sunday morning 3-4 abreast and dont move for anything then winge when I get to within a couple of feet from them as nowhere else to go.

Personally they should all pay some kind of road license and adhere to the Highway Code the same as motorbikes.......well scooters have to and theres not much difference in speed either. And if they do wrong like nipping thro traffic lights and not adhering to one way streets then sorry you get fined the same..........simple.

Reactions: sliced, Andy Crooks, MA3RC and 3 others
The police have the footage and the reg number, but it may need the cyclist to make a complaint.

Why hasn't he? Because he knows he is in the wrong. He was the aggressor on two occasions for the same incident.
I was always taught that if you strike back after the first attack its retaliation, strike back after the second attack and its self defence.

But I am neither a police officer or a lawyer. But I do think the militant cyclist got what he deserved.

Reactions: Ghost, Artimus and Brodster
That 2-4 abreast on uphill roads is bs and really irritates me. Then when I blast the horn to alert then and get middle fingers that's annoys me more. But as i pass and get back up to 60 in my nice warm car i have to chuckle a little wondering if they actually own a car?!

Cyclists in London are crazy. Don't they realise when they undercut you as u let a bus out, just to overtake said bus who is now pulling in the right lane, that Nobody can see them or predict there irrational movements and they will likely end up dead??

Reactions: Artimus
The police have the footage and the reg number, but it may need the cyclist to make a complaint.

Why hasn't he? Because he knows he is in the wrong. He was the aggressor on two occasions for the same incident.
I was always taught that if you strike back after the first attack its retaliation, strike back after the second attack and its self defence.

But I am neither a police officer or a lawyer. But I do think the militant cyclist got what he deserved.

Correct, complaint needed and if he did...he has also done wrong and is why he probably hasnt as there are offences by both of them so i would think hell stay hush

Reactions: sidibear
I commuted for 3 years, not in London, and only once had a slight incident where somebody opened their door into my lane (he was walking back to his car, saw me and still opened it so I had to swerve to avoid him) so I stopped and gave him a mouthful. But he shouted back and we both went our ways. He was in the wrong, I let him know, and then we both moved on. There's just no point chasing somebody down, it's stupid.

And yes, those cyclists in London are proper mental.

On a side note, Karl you are wrong. That A7 is lovely!

the box isnt for bikes turning right its for all cyclists going forwards as they are at lights with no right turn.

the audi driver was impatient yes but done no harm at all and mr cyclist got on his high horse, started an aggressive rant and suffered the consequences. Ill bet he was banging on the window just before he got chinned. ********* like that give cyclists a bad name.

FWIW I cycle a lot and still would side with the driver.

Reactions: crazy88
That 2-4 abreast on uphill roads is bs and really irritates me. Then when I blast the horn to alert then and get middle fingers that's annoys me more. But as i pass and get back up to 60 in my nice warm car i have to chuckle a little wondering if they actually own a car?!

Cyclists in London are crazy. Don't they realise when they undercut you as u let a bus out, just to overtake said bus who is now pulling in the right lane, that Nobody can see them or predict there irrational movements and they will likely end up dead??
I have a scuff on one of my alloys from a cyclists pedal where he was darting back & forth between traffic just as I was pulling into a parking bay in West London last year! He flew off his bike into the kerb & was lucky he didn't hit his head (no helmet either)! He got up & after we established he was okay, I wanted to kill him for scaring the be-jesus out of me. He then told me he'd had a similar accident with a car a couple of years previously "just 100 yards up the road there!" wtf? he obviously didn't learn to ride in the years since & I'd be surprised if he's still alive now.

The Audi driver has probably had a lot of experience with riders in London and if that's the case, I sympathise with him! They're ****** ignorant & most have no etiquette whatsoever, & since Boris is a rider too, they think they own the streets & believe they'll live to sue any driver that knocks them off.

Fully agree they should be licensed, made to pay for their place on the roads & held accountable for their actions\attitudes just like the rest of us.

****** crackheads.

Last edited:
Just to point out here....I dont cycle BUT I would happily share a cyclist box with any Audi :D

I too in the past have been a very active cyclist and day in and day out it amazes me the levels of danger cyclists put themselves in under cutting on the roads etc.

When you look at this you easily get pulled into the "cyclist" should not have had a go at the driver BUT....

This was initiated by the drivers Stupidity of wanting to get the jump on cyclists ... he had no idea how close the guy was to his car so gave no thought to his actions never mind the speed at which he took off at what looks to be a very busy junction ... as for the passenger he would have been wearing my bike after the left hook.... that's was un called for IMO.

Rules for Bike Boxes :-

"Drivers caught crossing the first or second advanced stop lines when the signal is red will be liable for a £60 fixed penalty charge and three points on their licence. The only exception to this rule is if the traffic signal changes from green to amber and drivers cannot safely stop before the first stop line."

I had to look this up a few months back as I would like to say I have never driven into one but I cant :whistle2:

I'm also a cyclist and I think he deserved chining in the end. Both in the wrong but you can only push an audi driver so far, POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER.

What a ****.

I'd have smashed that ****** car to pieces, pompous little person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of points

1. It was the passenger that punched that cyclist
2. That was one hell of a punch
3. I would happily buy that guy a pint
4. Cyclist was verbally abusing the occupants of the Audi
5. Cyclist played with fire and got burnt
6. Cyclist turned around after punch, looks like he wanted to follow audi to hurl abuse, should have just left it at the first set of lights
7. His Lycra pants looked kind of tight.
8. That audi looks pretty decent in white
9. you can probably tell who I'm siding with

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vakaviti, drewman, jojo and 4 others
Biked everywhere as a lad on the road but now a driver the majority of bikers on the road I hate.

I regularly have to drive in cambridge and absolutely can't stand all the cyclists. cycling up 1 way streets, cycling 2 a breast down narrow 1 way streets, jumping lights

Audi driver was right, was no need for that biker to push infront of the car and all the other bikers which were waiting at the side. Biker was stupid for chasing after him to the point that he turns around at the end, so went out of his way purely to shout abuse. Also cringed at the beginning when the stupid biker shuffles back which no care of how close his crappy bike is to the car.

this stupid cyclist thinks he has the capacity of a black edition A7, he must be mad.
I would have punched the lights out of the cyclist too. I think he deserved it.

There are bad cyclists and bad drivers… I'm sure its not the first confrontation and it won't be the last. In this incidence i agree they were both in the wrong.

You can make your point, but don't touch the guy's car or call him a p****. As for the guy/passenger, there should't be any punches thrown. But i have to say, if you start something, then you've got to have the balls to take the consequences. Anyway, idiots everywhere, what can you do.

I think Everyone has the right to protect their family or property how they deem fit. We all work hard to pay for our cars right? May have had his young kids in car or pregnant mrs ? They are both in the wrong to a degree but I obviously side with the driver and I am a cyclist.

The cyclist should not have backed up to speak to the driver.

Personally I can't see why any council can think its a good idea to let cyclists have priority over cars in the first place! It's moronic at best.

Although I don't agree, I can see why the driver pulled forward to stop the box filling up in front of him with bikes.

The cyclist instigated it & got his comeuppance.

Thought the cyclist was in the wrong, he had his say the first time. The second time he peddled like someone not right to have another go and got a crack

But wasn't that because he drove over his foot ???
Because he backed up and decided to get as close to the car as possible,technically he put his foot in its path.

My pet hate is cyclists especially around my roads when they all converge on a Sunday morning 3-4 abreast and dont move for anything then winge when I get to within a couple of feet from them as nowhere else to go.

Personally they should all pay some kind of road license and adhere to the Highway Code the same as motorbikes.......well scooters have to and theres not much difference in speed either. And if they do wrong like nipping thro traffic lights and not adhering to one way streets then sorry you get fined the same..........simple.

For me cyclists make my day!!

Step 1:

Switch headlights on. (headlight washers now active)

Step 2:

Pull wiper stalk towards you vigorously whilst driving past at a "medium pace"

Step 3:

Watch them all start flapping in your rear view mirror as they have a mouthful chemical and blurred vision.

Step 4:

Chuckle.

My pet hate is when they want to come down the inside of you in traffic, dangerously close to your paint and mirrors, just flipping wait like the rest of us.

That was one of the topic in LBC when it happened. I just couldn't stop laughing myself to death. Made my day though!

Cyclist deserved it in mu opinion, both at fault but if your going to give it some like he did, you got to be prepared to follow it up!

Interesting points. I've got a couple of mountain bikes which I normally ride off road, all mountain and a bit of downhill which I find much safer than riding on the public highway.

Car driver was well out of order, he shouldn't have forced his way into the box and the speed he took off at in very close proximity to the cyclist was verging on dangerous driving. Highway code states that you should leave a cyclist at least as much room as you would give a car. I can imagine the conversation in the car, " driver: look at this **** on the bike, passenger: yeah who does he think he is, doesn't even pay tax, you show him..........." apart from anything else what time did he actually gain from a stupid overtake, the bikes caught and passed him just a few seconds later, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if there had already been a bit of niggle further back up the road.

The cyclist struck me as a bit of a jobsworth, no doubt playing up to the lycra clad peloton, although if I had had a near miss like that I'm not sure how I would have reacted, I'd probably have seen a bit of red mist as well.

The passenger is also well out of order, he looked like a big guy, the cyclist looked like a librarian (no offence intended but I'm guessing he wasn't a brickie) and made an easy/defenceless target sitting on that old bone shaker, incidentally how much respect did he show for his mate's car, it was more likely to be scratched by the handlebars/pedals/teeth of the bike and rider going down than anything else.

No one came out of this well, but IMHO if it came anywhere near a court the driver would be looking at 6 points minimum and a hefty fine, passenger could technically spend a few months care of Her Majesty while the cyclist would maybe get a caution for his language but congratulated for not leaving a large shoe shaped dent in the car door.

PS taxing push bikes, your having a laugh surely? I already tax 3 cars, should I also tax the 4 bikes in my garage, bearing in mind that my cars are not on the road when I'm riding my bike and doing my bit for the environment? PS one of them belongs to my son who's in Oz for the foreseeable, would I need to get it SORNd?

Headline, primary school children left stranded after police impound bikes for failing to display valid excise licences, wait strike that last comment, Osborne may get ideas!!!

Tongue in cheek, well some of it, not so funny when it goes wrong.

Last edited: