So you think you own a 4*4

that is very good, ive seen another vid with an audi climbing a near on verticle slope covered in snow and ice, i think it was on here, or could have been on the tv. anyone remember that???

You on about the ski slope?

I must admit, i was impressed with that allroad...
I expected it to win, but not disappear over the other side of he mountain. It didnt even slow down!!

The All road is good dont get me wrong.

The 3 series is rear wheel drive, not for real sure why the put that in the test?

The BMW X5 did extremely well against the other proper 4x4 off roaders.

The Audi All roader is very light in comparison to the SUV 4x4 and would have the advantage. It would be a different story if they where to put the upcoming Audi SUV in this test.

So what is the point of this test? All different types of vehicles all for different styles of terrain and driving. I would say settle down gentlemen as its all very ambiguous.

Protecting the new car NSD? hehe

I agree on the 3 series...
But i think the point is to take a few cars and drive them up some snow. It just happens that it proves some 4*4s aint what they're cracked up to be.

[ QUOTE ]

The 3 series is rear wheel drive, not for real sure why the put that in the test?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Beemer looks like a 4x4 not rear wheel drive to me, look at it launch and then on the slope when it comes to a rest and lurchs forward again. the front wheels are being driven.

J.

believe the BMW 3 series isnt a 4x4 no chance because it dont exist

And if it is a bespoke BMW then there is deffo no room for it in this test because it isnt in production :) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I did notice that... confused me sumwhat so i ignored it! Think ill have another look!

Its deffo got power going tothe front. It kicks up snow like the backs!

And lookie lookie! Heres what i found, BMW USA do a 325XI

325 4 Wheel drive

I did think they did a 4x4 but didn't have time yesterday to search for it. I knew they did a 4x4 5 series just not sold in the uk. (although I think they might have done with the earlier gen of 5 serious crica 1990? oh who cares...)

J.

BMW3series, they are bringing or have in germany, im sure its called for example bmw330x , x meaning 4x4 like the X5 etc..

[ QUOTE ]
BMW3series, they are bringing or have in germany, im sure its called for example bmw330x , x meaning 4x4 like the X5 etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw one of the last shape 3 series with german plates over here a few months back, a 330ix.

i have seen a 4x4 3 series estate for sale round here couple of years ago it was circa 1990