F1 Tickets

necroeire

Reaction score
Anyone know where is a good place to get F1 tickets for the continent? The mrs want an european holiday so I'm taking her to the F1.

Shame Spa is off the list. Anyone recommend any other track?

I use Kuoni - Sport Abroad , may not be the cheapest but you know you'll get what you pay for!

Spa is a great track but not the best viewing experience. This year I planned France or Spain but since Alonso's win the Spanish GP is more expensive and accomodation is stupid prices, so looks like Magny Cours for me this year!

Kev.

If you're planning to make your own travel plans (rather than package), why not order directly from the circuit website (if they have facility).
We got married on 1st Sept and decided upon Malaysia for the honeymoon.
Since the Mrs is also petrolhead & F1 fan, did not take any arm-twisting at my suggestion we delay the h/m til March so as to go to the g.p!!
I've only been to 1 (european, 2001) and the Mrs hasn't been to any, so we're really looking forward to it.
Sepang's ticket-booking office have been really helpful.

I went to Melbourne in 2002 and bought my tickets from the office in Melbourne, as far as I remember the general admission was $75 - really really cheap, and it covered the practice on Thursday through to the race on Sunday.

Need to decide soon so as we can book our holidays from work. Thinking about the european GP or else German GP in Hockenheim.

I've done Barcelona, San Remo and Monza (twice) (and Silverstone but that's not the continent!).

Barcelona was the most modern with good facilities. It was a corporate thing so we had the perfect seats.

This is the Video of the trip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

San Remo was also really good. We did it as part of a Euro driving tour. We bought some good but expensive tickets. You miss out on a lot if you're not in the pit straight.

18344657-3d0d-028001E0-.jpg

18344649-7735-028001E0-.jpg

Monza - I did as a corporate day and a private visit. The corporate one we were stuck in an open Grandstand (no shelter from the scorching heat) on the back straight so they just flew past us. Not the best position. When I went as part of another Euro tour we bought general access tickets on the day from the touts. I even got them cheaper than face value despite them starting at a silly price! Watch out for fakes as they are all scanned on the way in so they spot duplicates etc.
Monza is a scummy GP to see if you're on the inside in the forest. People camp there for days and it's all a bit unhygenic but it is the best atmosphere in the world (if you're wearing red!!) and worth a visit at least once.
MONZA.JPG

If I was doing one this year I'd choose one I haven't already done. You can do Monte Carlo reasonably cheaply if you choose a hotel with a good view. This was ours and we was there the week before the GP (just after we'd been to San Remo). The rooms weren't that expensive (something like £190 a night).
18344643-79bc-028001E0-.jpg

I have more videos but have yet to edit and upload them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Cheers Scotty thanks for that. Nice vid too mate, love the shot of the F1 babes.