New Car

I

imported_unkle

Well, following an incident between my nasty toyota pick-up (with the faulty air-con, deep burgundy leather interior and what I suspect was a bullet hole in the boot door) and a jcb bucket that fell off a truck I was driving behind I have now been given this as my new desert chariot:

ride.jpg

First impressions are good, yeah its a 4x4 but it handles the terrain very very well.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Tint the windows mate - 7% of people say you have 4.5% less chance of being shot!

[ QUOTE ]
Bullet proof windscreen as standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its supposed to be, dont intend to test the manufacturers warranty though....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nice car mate , but bit worried about the plates saying "BRITISH FORCES" isnt that advertising to the nutters over there? or does such a new car stand out there?
PS , isnt that navy Camouflage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah brand new LR in a third world country does stand out like a sore thumb but in the south all the major roads are heavily patrolled and the locals arent as nutty as the news makes out, where I am is about 45 mins from the Kuwait border and I dont tend to hang about on the way there or back, inside Kuwait its safer than Berkshire.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the colour, its Cairns Blue.

(according to the LR website)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice car mate , but bit worried about the plates saying "BRITISH FORCES" isnt that advertising to the nutters over there? or does such a new car stand out there?
PS , isnt that navy Camouflage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah brand new LR in a third world country does stand out like a sore thumb but in the south all the major roads are heavily patrolled and the locals arent as nutty as the news makes out, where I am is about 45 mins from the Kuwait border and I dont tend to hang about on the way there or back, inside Kuwait its safer than Berkshire.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the colour, its Cairns Blue.

(according to the LR website)

[/ QUOTE ]

Admit it you stole it from the navy boys!!!!!!!
glad ure in the "safer" side mate just keep your head down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What is it you actualy do m8 in the armed forces?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really in the Armed forces, moved to Germany about 3 years ago due to having a German GF, got a job in a minor department within the MOD, sadly broke up with the frau last summer and then decided try my luck out here as the moneys pretty good and might lead to better things, got a six month secondment which I might extend depending on how it goes out here...

*end life story*

UNKLE hat off to you mate, dont know you from adam but take care out there, personally i wouldnt go out there if it was a million pounds a day but the choice is yours so good luck

Any pics of the ex? (for Bainsy). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Haha, no photos of her on my laptop, here in the desert....

She was tall, slim, pert breasts, tiny ***, slightly tanned, blondey brown hair, blue eyes, spoke english perfectly but blimey, she didnt arf nag about the slightest thing!!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm nice, no need for pictures, i have a image of her in my head, just by my ears, and in my imagination her name is WOMAN KETTLE WAITING i do like a sophisticated lady with a double barrel name, she is wearing a little pinny and standing in the kitchen putting a tea bag into a mug with BAINSYBOY MODERATOR AUDI-SPORT written on the side.

TDI your post is safe mate, i would never bid for it all the time you hold the position and the badge

Nice motor Unkle, do u check for bombs underneath with your mirror, i remember the good old days of my Dad doing it.

Wanted to goto Kuwait when i was over in Oman from the first gulf war but never had the chance.

Post up some pics of Kuwait, im sure we'd all like a butchers. Cheers