Roof Rack Failure

rickquattro

Reaction score
This may be of interest to all you mountain bikers, road bikers who use Thule VeloVise roof systems for transporting your bikes

Have a look at this die cast fracture I found on the bike forks mounting. If this had failed on the move, who knows what would happen. Its around the bolt hole securing the bike channel to the roof bars. I had heard of the fork lugs breaking on the bike, but never this.

I have contacted Thule before I posted this, and without any hassle, are replacing the head. They do have a 5yr warranty. Hope its a one-off.

Symptoms were noise and the bike wobbling a bit much on the rack. A quick look soon found the problem. Just tightening everything up more would never have cured this.

If you have this stuff, may be worth a look.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the warning, good customer service from them tho

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Instead of being quick to sell you stuff and quick to fob you off when there was a problem. I called them up, explained the situation and got an immediate and positive response.

After all it's in their own interests too.

my sister was in a four car pile up /shunt type off car crash..... (not a bad one) ...the car at the rear of the crash had a thule roof box on... on impact, it was ripped from the roof and cleared the three othe cars in the front of the crash !!!!! it could of been bad.....
dont say i didnt warn you !!!!