my audi s3 is down as a audi 100 on the logbook DVLA error????

tom1987

Reaction score
Hi all i own a 2008 Audi S3 however this problems been on my mind a whil enow, the car is down as Audi 100s on the logbook - i keep meaning to pop into the DVLA about it - is it just a DVLA error or something, anyone had anything like this before?, will it be a pain in the **** do you think gettign it changed amended???

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 525
Surprised you haven't had the blue light treatment from Mr police officer

They'll want to inspect the car to check the VIN, etc. before they'll consider a change! It shouldn't take too much time out of your day once they've made the decision, but you'll probably have to book an appointment to see an inspector.

I have just has a quick look on my reg look up which is linked to DVLA and comes up fine as S3 08 2.0 BHZ engine quattro black

hi never been pulled over yet in my S3

cheers guys gonna go to DVLA afetr christmas rush and get it sorted - plate has been transfered as it was on my mini cooper s before the s3 and the vin is right as my mate borrowed it for a testdrive in a focus rs lol and they checke it all out then thats when i first noticed it.

regards

They will change some things if you just write a polite letter explaining.

I once owned a Megane Coupe some years ago where the mechanic pointed out after trying to order parts using the VIN (that I initially gave them off the reg doc) that the V5 was certainly wrong, V5 VIN started VF1AA when it should have been VF1DA which it was on the car and they changed it and reissued no problem when I pointed out it must be a typo, suppose it was easily verifiable so they just did it, try writing first and they will tell you what to do could save yourself some time.

I have an Audi TT and on the logbook it only says Audi lol not coupe or TT. And must be something today with private plates previous 3 owners has private plates on it so gotta be that.

I have an Audi TT and on the logbook it only says Audi lol not coupe or TT. And must be something today with private plates previous 3 owners has private plates on it so gotta be that.

At least they have it slightly correct regarding your TT.

I have an Audi S3 8L and it just says it's an 'Audi' and 'Coupe' model!

To my knowledge the S3 8L was only ever produced as a hatchback and not a coupe! lol. PITA when I enter my reg in any web site or give it to any company as it doesn't bring up the correct vehicle.