• 1 Post By Oranoco
  • 2 Post By voorhees
  • 2 Post By rosscopeeco13

Thread: audi s3 timewaster and thief

Reverse Gear

Status

audi s3 timewaster and thief

Just thought id post on here,as someone might recognise the car
    i was all set to buy my first audi s3, it was in Birmingham and im 3 hours away from kent, i messaged the seller,car sounded brilliant and we agreed a price, i offered to leave him a £150 deposit by paypal to secure the car,as i was going to definately buy it, just couldn't get up there till the next day, so i arranged a lift from my dad, rang the seller to say i was on my way, and filled my dads tank up. 1 hour and 45 mins into the journey, i get a text message from the seller, saying "cars sold,will refund deposit", i immediately rang them,but they turned there phone off, so i made my way back, nearly 5 hours of travelling wasted, and 2 days later,they have still not refunded my deposit, hopefully someone recognises the car.

im absolutely fuming,the post code was b32 4bp, and the paypal name was Clare lune

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Take it up with Ebay and Paypal
    16Klappe likes this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Sorry to here this, but I guess the deposit is pointless when the seller is still able to sell the car anyways. Hope you get your money back mate.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

5th Gear

Status
    I was considering buying this................

glad I didn't bother now! I'd go round his house for my money still on principle

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    Just reclaim the money via Paypal unless you were silly enough to pay as a gift (Which you should never do)
    a6-chris likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    That car has been around for a while looking at the completed listings.

2003 AUDI S3 QUATTRO SILVER FORGED ENGINE!!!! | eBay

2003 AUDI S3 QUATTRO SILVER FORGED ENGINE!!!!REDUCED PRICE QUICK SALE!!! | eBay

2003 AUDI S3 QUATTRO SILVER FORGED ENGINE!!!!REDUCED PRICE QUICK SALE!!! | eBay

Contact E-bay. If the paypal address is associated with that seller and the auction hasn't been completed through E-bay then you might get your money back. E-bay will want to wait a while to see if you get payed back though.

karl.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leegsi View Post
    Just reclaim the money via Paypal unless you were silly enough to pay as a gift (Which you should never do)
    yes i was silly

6th Gear

Status
    Why in Gods name would you pay a deposit before even physically looking at a car? The spec of what's claimed on the advert already has my "scamming *******" senses going.

Without wishing to sound like an arsehole I think you've allowed yourself to get caught up in getting a bargain and have been scammed. Hope you get your money back but I think you may have to chalk this one down to a learning experience.
    jimojameso likes this.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah, thats what i get for being a generally nice and trustworthy bloke,right on top of xmas too, it'd definately made me more wary now, thought id post on here, to remind everyone its still happens loads

6th Gear

Status
    You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last. I was always told to assume any seller was a low down dirty scum bag.

Never know your luck mate, you might see your cash back.

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    I was always told to assume any seller was a low down dirty scum bag.
    I think thats wrong.
    I sold my car (not on here as did not want my position to influence it) and took a deposit,the chap came 250 miles and paid cash,no checking watermarks by me as I trusted him.
    s3dave and PeterPatch1 like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Mate we all make mistakes. Just learn from it.
    Last edited by Phil-1; 8th December 2013 at 18:59.
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

2nd Gear

Status
    Why does he have less than100% feedback? Was it from other buyers?

Neutral

Status
    I recently bought my car , and I paid a deposit before seeing the car, I sent my dad through to view the car as I was offshore , and I dealt with the seller via emails agreed to do the deal whey got back to the beach and the guy was nothing but a true gent from the first email to the actual meeting we had , He sent me over 30 pics over a 3 week period i was away and answered every question i asked and sent me a picture of every little dent and blemish on the car albeit wasn't many to show, 3 days before the sale was due to happen the mirrors were stolen off the car , the seller knocked the price of genuine mirrorss off the price and put other mirrors on it for the sale to use until replacement genuine ones were fitted , when I went to stirling to meet the guy and do the sale he had to drive 20 miles or so to meet me and before he got there he had the car washed and put 45 quids worth of v power in it for me , the guy was a true gent form the start to the finish , just goes to show there are genuine people still looking to sell on good cars that they have loved and looked after , after all the hassle with the mirrors I paid the full price he wanted before the mirrors were nicked just to show my appreciation towards how genuine and honest he had been throughout the sale, so don't feel to negative there are some genuine people still out there. keep looking , hope you get the car your looking for soon .
    S3 MCW and Lavis89 like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm surprised no one recognises the car,seems to have had loads of work done to it,

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I think thats wrong.
    I sold my car (not on here as did not want my position to influence it) and took a deposit,the chap came 250 miles and paid cash,no checking watermarks by me as I trusted him.
    It's steered me well so far as I've not yet purchased a wrongun but have certainly avoided plenty. Not saying every seller is going to steel your cash and run off with your wife but not accepting things on face value is a safe way of working more so when the person is a completely unknown.

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    EBay and PayPal won't refund deposits. Unfortunately.

Been there and done that.

**** luck.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Neutral

Status
    If you have his address then keep trying him then if no reply, send a message to say you have someone up his way next week and they will collect in person. Keep it polite. Normally gets them coughing up if they think someone is going to be knocking their door.

My sister had someone on ebay try and stitch her up of a £20!! He was a gob****e until she said her fella was up that way working the following week and was going to pop in and collect. Paid the cash back instantly. In truth her fella was so angry at the cheek he genuinely was going to go and pay them a visit, good job they paid up, I wouldn't want him at my door in a mood.

1st Gear

Status
    I stay away from Birmingham if I'm looking for a car, heard too many story's and too many ringers. Was named the worse place in the UK for uninsured vehicles aswell

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Any joy getting your deposit back mate?

The car's definitely sold now, to a guy up north, he's just posted this!

Hello Everyone. Just joined the Audi club!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

5th Gear

Status
    If you funded the payment by credit card to Pay Pal, you might have a chance completing a chargeback, although it might be hard to prove if you have paid via gift..

Maybe message the other guy on here now and ask for the previous recorded keepers address, seems a small world now doesn't it!

6th Gear

Status
    Im going to be driving through that area next week, if you have the address id be happy to knock on the door for you. Emails and ebay message logs should be enough to varify you paid the gift as a deposit on the car. You would have a reasonable case in small claims court, but would suggest contacting local police BEFORE the court process in case there are any other similar actions previously. I hate people like this.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*