Thieves at work .....again!!

hendry10

Reaction score
Had an interesting conversation with my brother today ,who lives now in the Leeds area,
he has had security cameras fitted to the outside of his house as his A3 has been 'opened' (not broken into) 3 times in the past 2 weeks

According to the police these thieving ***** are now using a device modified from a disposable camera and some added wiring of some sorts to the flash , then use the pulse generated to 'unlock and disarm' our cars.
luckily he has just has the car searched and small change taken ...so far!!!

One too look out for guys !!

Not hear this one. However i know the government uses a certain device to do what you mention, that is readily available for me to buy, but not at a price tag that would make me want to use it to steal small change ...

I have a few friends who had a similar device that scrambles the remote codes in such that you would press the fob, the lights will blink but the car would stay open ! It's then easy to get into the car and look for satnavs and change/valuables !

I think they will use whatever to get the car,lots of hype about not needing keys in the press recently,push comes to shove if they wanted the car badly your going to be confronted and threatened for the keys.

They use all kinds, signal jammers.etc

My dads car got turned over at a motorway service station last week. He is 110% sure he locked the car when he walked away.
10 minutes later, absolutely everything had been taken from the car - laptop, briefcase, suit jacket, change in the ashtray.etc

As usual, no assistance from the service station (no cctv apparently!) and the police are "looking into it".

We've had a lot of problems in the Aberdeen area this year. They're going the more basic route and just breaking into houses and stealing keys though. A couple of guys got keys taken from gym lockers too. Mostly kids doing it, not a care in the world.
It annoys me more that they have their own facebook page and boast about recent acheivements and nobody can touch them.

Sorry, don't have.

I'm not on facebook, my wife had been looking at it 1 day.

I'll see if i can find it.

It sickens me that these job dodgers think it's ok to steal our cars and then put it on face book etc.

I have worked hard all my life to provide for my family, and have now got the car I have always wanted. So for someone to take it would be hart breaking.

So what other security devices have people installed or use?

Phil

It sickens me that these job dodgers think it's ok to steal our cars and then put it on face book etc.

I have worked hard all my life to provide for my family, and have now got the car I have always wanted. So for someone to take it would be hart breaking.

So what other security devices have people installed or use?

Phil

There is very little out on the market to prevent unauthorised access if you're coming up against people using this sort of tech. I could suggest Pentagon Glass, window tints, driver ID tags, louder sirens etc but if they have a way of tricking the car to unlock then there is nothing.

Very sad state of affairs..........as I have said before we need to incorporate the South African way of protecting our vehicles.....flame thrower under the car......illegal entry = x1 fried car thief. Wire it in such a way as it couldnt be opened by the scanners.

Reactions: S3 AD and indianbelters
There is very little out on the market to prevent unauthorised access if you're coming up against people using this sort of tech. I could suggest Pentagon Glass, window tints, driver ID tags, louder sirens etc but if they have a way of tricking the car to unlock then there is nothing.

Not heard of "Driver ID Tags" what's that? I was thinking of the old fashioned crook lock or even a wheel clamp.