Eye opener for some

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I knew I wouldn't like this very much & its sickening thinking what these animals go through, just don't know if I can break a habit of a lifetime & stop eating meat.

SAMSARA food sequence on Vimeo

Not a pleasant video but it certainly puts some things into perspective.

Yeah I couldn't watch it all tbh as I knew I'd be sick, already turning my guts, maybe I'm just an animal lover(in a non sexual way), but worst I've seen was how they obtained fur from live animals, the word sickening didn't even come close to it, wanted to shoot the person committing such a disgusting travesty to animals, unreal what some people consider normal life.

Problem is we're breed to eat meat & to change is a massive thing.

I agree, the fur trade is disgusting it makes my blood boil, the things people can do to animals all in the pursuit of money!!

Yeah the Japanese whale fleet is 1 that is utterly pointless & why Australia allows this to happen is beyond me, it is a banned area & to allow them to whale inside the area just makes a mockery of international rules.

Am i watching the same video because i don't see what is so shocking.

As far as I can tell that was all filmed in China. In this country, in general, we have far better welfare standards in place for livestock.

That's why I'll continue to support British farmers and eat British meat.

Last edited:
Reactions: NHN
I think there is a fine line between breeding animals to produce food for human consumption and actual cruelty to animals..

Yes its not ideal the way these "factories" work but just think of the sheer volume of meat thats needed to feed people..
Its just what is needed to produce the amount of meat for the shelves in supermarkets..

Yeah the Japanese whale fleet is 1 that is utterly pointless & why Australia allows this to happen is beyond me, it is a banned area & to allow them to whale inside the area just makes a mockery of international rules.

I'll second that nige all day long. Love the work sea shepherds do to stop these from killing whales and the work they do to protect all sea life

Reactions: TonyH38 and NHN
I recently saw a video of some chinese or japanese people eating live frogs... much like this video where the chickens were being scooped up (can't believe they have a machine to scoop up chickens!) it makes me question myself when it comes to eating meat. But thats usually as far as it goes, just like u said urself, we're bred this way, and it'll take something massive for us to change our ways. Further to that it doesn't help that we're constantly surrounded by meat!

just watched the dvd weekend gone worth watching imo, very good