Help, cancel contract before its started?

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
Hi guys quick question hoping you can help,

Ive signed upto a different gym on the weekend and will start the first of next month, which is when the first direct debit payment will come out.

The gym looked all good, quite empty, weights upto 90kg dumbells, on the weekend i signed the contract, but driving by have noticed during the times i would go it is extremely packed.

Just wondering would it be possible to cancel this 12 months gym contract i signed before its started, its by direct debit.

Ive read the terms and conditions and it doesnt mention anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Just cancel the DD and give them immediate notice that your doing so as you do have a right to a cooling off period as it's such a long contract.

As you signed up over the weekend it wouldn't be unreasonable IMO for you to change your mind within 7 days.

there may be something in you statutory rights that allow you to cancel within 7 days, dont quote me on that though

there may be something in you statutory rights that allow you to cancel within 7 days, dont quote me on that though
you see what I did there... :)

I think you're right re the 7 day cooling off period.

Reactions: crazy88